Harvest Christian Fellowship, Central Ministries
Classification: Part-time 20-30, Hourly position
Supervisor: Business Administrator
MISSION STATEMENT: Making disciples who make His way known
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant in Central Ministries is responsible for assisting Central Ministries in the areas of maintaining documentation of policies and procedures, strategic planning documents, and data management. Position ensures that records
are accurate, complete, and easily accessible and available to leadership at Harvest Christian Fellowship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements below are not a complete list of all responsibilities or duties to be performed by the Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant maybe assigned to other responsibilities or tasks by the Business
Administrator and/or Lead Elder.
- Upholds the highest level of confidentiality and actively protects individual private information
- Maintains proper documentation of all policies and procedures both electronically and paper files
- Maintain accurate record of all written notes, transcripts and audio pastoral messages
- Assist in creating written reports and presentations for church leadership
- Assist in writing technical training materials for staff
- Demonstrate accuracy in maintaining member records in financial and CMS databases
- Demonstrates ability to run membership reports and compile accurate and well written reports
- Demonstrate accurate tracking of expense reports with proper documentation
- Assist as backup to Accounting Clerk in receiving or checking out accounting items to campuses.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Born-Again relationship with Jesus Christ
- Active member in good standing at a local church. Attend Sunday services weekly and serve faithfully
- Demonstrate a life that consistent with the Harvest standards of conduct both personally and professionally
- Demonstrate the ability to perform tasks independently or with a team
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart in completing job responsibilities
- Demonstrate a cooperative team spirit and genuine concern for others
- Maintain a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and remain poise under pressure
- Performs all task with integrity and demonstrate willingness to learn new skills
- Maintain a excellent attendance record. Attempt to schedule appointments during personal time.
- Demonstrate advance writing, grammar, and editing skills
- Demonstrate proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, accounting software, CMS databases
- Demonstrate proficient skills in the use of telephone, computer, copier machine, and fax machine
EDUCATION AND JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Prefer Associates degree or Bachelor in English, Business or Accounting
- Two (2) years of office experience
- Experience working at a church or other non-profit organization