Cityteam Ministries is currently looking for a dynamic leader to spearhead our efforts in Oakland. Do you have a personal connection to Oakland? Are you already invested in the community and have connections with other leaders in churches, organizations, and government agencies? Do you have a pastoral or ministry background? Are you gifted in business or entrepreneurialism? If so, prayerfully consider if this is a position you should consider. Applications are now being accepted. You can find the online application at www.cityteam.org/jobs.
The City Director is responsible for implementing Cityteam’s purpose, objectives, and ministry in Oakland, California. The City Director must ensure that sufficient funds are raised through securing major donor gifts. The Oakland City Director is responsible for making sure adequate staff are recruited, trained and managed, financial management is sound, and ministry objectives are met.
With the help of Cityteam Leadership, the Oakland City Director will continue to lead towards excellence in homeless and drug and alcohol recovery ministries, and through partnership with local government and churches, continue to work on community violence reduction and anti-trafficking efforts. The City Director will also provide leadership bringing the Disciple Making Movement with an urban ministry focus to Oakland and surrounding areas.
- Oversee staff and operations, including Recovery, the Learning Center, and Homeless Ministries.
- Ensure all program services are formatted to support Cityteam’s strategy to reach all underserved people groups.
- Participate in local and regional strategy meetings (i.e. Board, Global Leadership, and Director).
- Ensure that Cityteam is in compliance with all local and state laws and regulations.
- Initiate effective planning and training to ensure ‘ownership’ of compassion/Disciple Making program objectives and accountability for ministry goals by key ministry participants including staff, volunteers, participating churches, and key donors.
- Work in conjunction with Disciple Making staff to mobilize individuals, churches, and agencies to catalyze Disciple Making Movements (DMM).
- Support the ongoing practice of developing spiritual community in onsite Cityteam programs; when necessary, building in the spiritual ordinances of communion, baptism, etc.
Finance, Fundraising, Donor Acquisition, and Public Relations
- Build personal relationships and communicate the Cityteam vision to key leaders, donors, and churches in the region, securing their financial partnership in this faith venture.
- Secure major gifts from donors through direct solicitation and developing and maintaining relationships with a sufficient number of major donors to meet yearly fundraising goals.
- Cooperate with the Cityteam Leadership and VP of Finance to develop the annual budget in accordance with policy, procedures, and timelines to ensure that all programs are managed within the budget.
- Work with marketing to implement fundraising ventures and public relations to ensure needed support is available to fund operations.
- Work with marketing to ensure consistent and appropriate communication is disseminated.
- Work with development to cultivate and submit corporate and foundational grants.
- Provide leadership with major donor events that have a special focus in and around Oakland.
- Regularly represent Cityteam as a speaker in churches, service clubs, etc.
Recruitment and Staff Management
- Conduct and participate in staff performance evaluations in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Recruit, train, and manage staff to supervise volunteers and interns.
- Ensure that all staff and volunteers have explicitly written and agreed upon responsibilities, and that they are managed and held accountable.
- Advise and cooperate with the Vice President of Human Resources in circumstances of staff hiring, management, reviews, staffing adjustments, discipline, and termination.
- Develop a basic understanding of Cityteam’s philosophy, strategy, objectives, and core ministries.
- Oversee and encourage program staff in their implementation of the programs ensuring broad participation by the community in the operation of Cityteam programs in the city.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian body of believers.
- Must have a compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam’s Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God, the body of Christ, and have a burden to see disadvantaged people come to Christ and have their needs alleviated.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must be a visionary who is able to grow the ministry into a strong outreach in the Oakland area and beyond.
- Must have good relational skills with the ability to relate to people of all ages, races, denominations, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Needs to be people oriented, a good listener, and sensitive to donor needs.
- Must be a strong public speaker with the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Must be a decision-maker with the ability to analyze situations in depth and provide realistic solutions to problems.
- Must have financial management abilities and be able to adhere to the established budgeting procedures and constraints in a timely manner, practicing prudent management of financial and human resources.
- Must have previous fundraising experience and be willing and able to raise personal support, operational dollars, and capitol funds.
- Must be committed to personal stewardship and be able to challenge others with their stewardship responsibilities.
- Must be willing to pursue education and training in fields relating to the position.
- BA in Public Relations, Executive Management, Marketing, or combination of relevant education and experience necessary.
- Previous partnership with Cityteam preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Director for Hispanic ministry--Alpha in a Catholic contextAlpha USA
- Phoenix, Arizona
- September 29
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Director of Children's MinistryStonebridge Church
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- September 20
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Worship LeaderPilgrim Church
- Port Charlotte, Florida
- September 14
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...