This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth forChrist/Campus Life director
Youth for Christ/Northeast Indiana
Auburn, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 09/10/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
Campus outreach personnel joins a team seeking to communicate the life-changing message ofJesus Christ to middle school (Campus Life JV) or high school students (Campus Life), giving them an opportunity to make an informed decision to become a life-long follower of Jesus and become part of a local church.
Youth for Christ/Campus Life ministry is a relational evangelism ministry. Northeast Indiana YFC/ Campus Life is a chartered affiliate of Youth for Christ USA with a local history of more than 45 years in a four-county area north of Fort Wayne.
We are seeking prospective missionary staff for immediate openings in our work with youth. Direct ministry with youth includes evangelism and discipleship.
The Campus Life ministry director is responsible for:
* Developing an outreach ministry to area high school students or middle school students in assigned districts that supports the mission and vision of Youth for Christ.
* Recruiting, training, supervising and developing adult volunteers.
* Building relationships with students,volunteers, parents, church leaders,
school personnel and community leaders.
* Participating in YFC Center activities, events, staff training, national credentialing process and staff meetings/assignments.
* Maintaining donor support correspondence, record keeping , ministry reporting and good community relations within assigned ministry areas.
* Building/expanding ministry opportunities and visibility of YFC impact.
* Performing miscellaneous duties as assgined as part of the YFC family-team.
Northeast Indiana Youth for Christ/Campus Life is seeking staff who:
*Exhibit a passion for young people to know Christ
*Are self-starters, teachable and value team ministry
*Exhibit good communication skills, both verbal and written
*Have developed organization and planningi skills
* Live a surrendered, abiding life connected to Jesus Christ
*Exhibit a mature knowledge of the Bible and ability to
communicate Bible truth to young people, including the to
hard to reach, unchurched and spiritually indifferent
*Demonstrate a Kingdom perspective for ministry partnerships,
collaboration and mission funding. Fund-raising/friend-
raising skills are vital. Partial missionary support is required
of each staff person.
*Participate actively within a local church
We share a passion for reaching spiritually lost young people, every kind of kid from the hard to reach teenager to spiritually indifferent, biblically illiterate youth with a bit of church heritage but no active personal faith in Jesus Christ. We share a vision for engaging youth in a lifelong journey as a Christ followers, one in which they learn to love and surrender their lives and giftedness to God's credit. We believe that middle school and high school students who have trusted Christ for their forgiveness and future can learn to abide in Christ, and be the good news to friends and families as they live to tell the Good News.
What are the educational standards? A bachelors degree from an accredited university, college, Bible college or a transfer of Vocation eqivalent. Contact us .
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org