This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Atlanta Chinese Christian Church North
GA, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 09/01/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
PURPOSE To serve in the Youth Ministry focused on developing the spiritual growth of youth (7th - 12th).
Accountable in performance of Youth Ministry responsibilities to the JBED, the governing body of ACCCN. The Youth Deacon will serve as the primary liaison between the Youth Director and the JBED.
Accountable to guidance of spiritual growth to the JEM. The English Congregation Pastor will serve as the primary liaison between the Youth Ministry Director and the JEM.
Christ and Biblically centered
Strong vision for missions
Strong relational skills
Committed to full-time ministry
Servant leadership skills
Experience working in youth ministry
Loves working with youth
Worship team leadership skills highly desired
Experience with Asian American culture a plus
Committed to personal spiritual development
1. Implement a model of ministry which provides integrated and effective opportunities for youth in discipleship, bible study, leadership, fellowship, service and recreation.
2. Mentor, develop and support Youth Council leadership team and Youth Praise team. Lead the Youth Fellowship Counselor Team.
3. Assist in selection, development and preparation of bible study lessons for Fellowship meetings. Serve as staff or counselor during Winter and Summer Retreats.
4. Develop individual and small-group relationships to promote Christian spiritual growth among middle and high-school youth by planning individual and small group meetings, and giving them personal attention through phone calls, letters, updates, etc.
5. Provide spiritual growth opportunities that promote Christian education and Christian service. Develop and implement a vibrant mission and service project ministry. Evaluate existing short-term mission program, recommend improvements, plan and lead a short-term mission.
6. Provide spiritual guidance for Youth Sunday School program. Partner with and support Youth Sunday School leader. Teach Youth Sunday School class. Lead Youth in Wednesday Prayer meeting.
7. Cooperate and participate fully with others of the church staff so all may be mutually encouraged and supported by one another. Attend weekly ACCCN church staff prayer meetings (typically held Wednesday afternoons.)
8. Develop and implement a strategy for personal spiritual growth and development. Meet regularly with English Congregation Pastor for mentoring, guidance, and coaching.
RELATIONSHIPS: The Youth Ministry Director will engage in working relationships with the Youth Ministry Co-workers, Youth parents, Church staff and the English Worship Deacon.
EVALUATION: The English Congregation Pastor will conduct coaching reviews quarterly.
BENEFITS: Based on ACCCN Personnel & Benefit Policy for Ministerial Interns (proposed to be adopted by the JBED at May 14 meeting).
Heart for youth
Christ and biblically centered
Asian American culture sensitivity