Massachusetts Family Institute (MFI) is a non-profit, public policy organization dedicated to strengthening the family and the Judeo-Christian values on which the family is based. We seek to raise awareness of and facilitate vigorous action on public policy
issues impacting family values to our supporters and the general public. As part of that educational mission we work closely with churches and other organizations providing speakers and conducting seminars for a variety of groups on various public policy issues.
Our offices are located in Woburn, Massachusetts, twenty minutes north of Boston which allows us to easily monitor the legislative process.
MFI is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Office Manager who have the passion, skills, initiative and resourcefulness to be responsible for the daily operations, bookkeeping and administrative needs of the organization.
More specifically, the Office Manager will
• Conduct all bookkeeping activities to include accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll processing and entering all donor gifts into the donor database.
• Generate weekly financial reports and monthly receipts letters for donors.
• Maintain the donor and constituent relationship management (CRM) database and generate weekly and monthly activity reports for executive management.
• Manage and execute all operational, logistics and implementation activities for events, including MFI’s Annual Banquet with an attendance of 500+.
• Assist with and support other MFI meetings and events as needed.
• Develop a plan for and recruit volunteers, supervise and schedule their work.
• Supervise and schedule part-time help.
• Manage various research and development projects as needed.
• Improve operational processes, document procedures and workflows to expand the organization’s capacity to execute projects and implement plans more efficiently.
• Direct inquiries that come through the phone and email.
• Assemble competitive bids for major repairs or purchases.
• Administrative duties that ensure that office equipment is well maintained (copier/printer/computers), ordering of office supplies, composing and typing letters, processing mailings, reviewing incoming correspondence, and maintaining files.
The ideal candidate will live within a reasonable driving distance of Woburn, be a college graduate with strong computer skills including experience with accounting software (QuickBooks experience preferred!); Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) and
a constituent relationship management (CRM) system. Non-profit experience is a definite plus! Candidates should be able to relate well to the public, must possess a strong attention to detail, be eager to learn, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment,
possess a demonstrated commitment to MFI’s mission, purpose and position on core issues and agree with MFI’s Statement of Faith. A professional demeanor, flexibility and willingness to interact with internal and external team members at all levels are essential.
For more information on MFI, please visit their website, www.mafamily.org.
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please email a cover letter stating the reasons why you would like to work at MFI and your resume when applying. The Reisa Group, Inc. (www.reisagroup.com) is search consultant retained by MFI to assist
with this search.