The Orange County Rescue Mission is a Faith based non-profit organization that assists the homeless and needy of Orange County, California. The Rescue Mission is looking for a highly energetic, self motivated professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts to fill the vacancy of the Major Donor Officer position. This position will proactively solicit and secure major contributions of cash and in-kind gifts from individual donors, companies, foundations and groups.
Some of the Job Duties are (but not limited to):
- Identifies “blue-chip” corporate and organizational prospects each fiscal year securing them as OCRM major donors.
- Enthusiastically collaborate with and in support of volunteers, development staff, and other representatives to cultivate and solicit donors for OCRM wide priorities.
- Monitor all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
- Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle including initiating contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors, developing appropriate cultivation strategies, including working with volunteers to move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure.
- Personally invite major donors to OCRM activities and events. Also, Compose major donor thank you letters and receipt templates that are consistent with donor intent of gift and/or season of giving to ensure a personal touch to Rescue Mission correspondence.
- Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors.
- Participates in the community by serving in a service club(s) on behalf of the Rescue Mission along with conducting oral presentations to service clubs, groups, and assigned churches.
- Consistently and accurately updates our donor database to ensure contact information, demographics, Rescue Mission touch points, and any other relevant information is recorded for seamless and personal donor relationships.
This position requires:
- A personal relationship with Jesus, good working knowledge of the Bible, signed acknowledgment of the Statement of Faith.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience. Five years successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising preferably in a ministry or non-profit setting.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the organization. Also, be able to effectively articulate a case for support so that others take heart to our vision/mission/goals securing gifts at assigned donor giving levels.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies with a pleasant and energetic personality to people you are speaking to on the telephone, visitors, and company personnel.
- Demonstrated leadership coupled with a “detailed approach” to administration and organization with the ability to act, think promptly and professionally, be adaptable to change and urgent requests.
- Ability to address conflict with staff, as well as donors, and be able to intercede and find reasonable solutions in order to maintain harmonious relations.
- Proficiency with Salesforce, Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
Internet Explorer), database entry, reporting and maintenance.
- Knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets and estates.
- Maintains an acceptable driving record (in accordance with our insurance carrier, less than 2 DMV points on driving record).
To apply for this position you must complete an application with salary history. You may obtain an application through our website www.rescuemission.org or by picking up at our main office at 1 Hope Drive, Tustin, CA 92782. You may submit your application by mail (attention Human Resources), through our website or fax (714)566-6461. This position is open until filled.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Orange County Rescue Mission
Serving the least, the last and the lost - providing shelter, food, health care, guidance & training to neighbors in need.
To minister the love of Jesus Christ to the Least, the Last, and the Lost of our Community through the provision of assistance in the areas of guidance, counseling, education, job training, shelter, food, clothing, health care and independent living communities.