Church Extension Plan (CEP) is a ministry providing premier financial and administrative services to the churches and districts of the Assemblies of God and their constituents, assisting them in fulfilling their vision of spreading the Gospel.
The Regional Advancement Director is responsible for the identification of prospects, effective solicitation, and coordination of planned giving opportunities. He or she works in conjunction with the CFO, Investment Customer Service team, senior leadership,
Board and staff, to build and enhance investor relationships, including education, communication, presenting and closing opportunities for planned gifts for the New Growth Partners (NGP). The activities defining this role shall include, but not be limited
to, the responsibilities listed below. This position will work virtually with CEP home office, which is located in Salem, OR.
- Identify and research planned giving prospects from existing investors of CEP.
- Plan, organize, and execute workshops for the Assembly of God churches and other Christian bodies as appropriate.
- Utilize print media, public workshops, and private meetings to initiate relationships with non-CEP investors.
Work with Prospects
- Cultivate relationships with planned giving prospects, educating them as to the needs of NGP, helping them with tax-impacted gifts by utilizing the most appropriate planned gift vehicle (s).
- Develop and maintain 100 to 150 active planned giving relationships.
- Achieve annual revocable and irrevocable gift indications of $1.5 million dollars or more.
Work within NGP
- Assist in the ongoing development and maintenance of policies and procedures for effective management.
- Assist in the establishment, execution and maintenance of NGP’s “Legacy Builders” society.
- Attend regular conferences and events to maintain knowledge of tax and planned giving regulatory environment.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports as requested defining progress toward annual goals.
- Keep accurate records of the work, including contact management
- Serve as a collaborative member of the NGP team.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CFO as needed.
Education/Work Experience Equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent study plus 5 years financial development or related experience
- Experience raising operational funds, capital, and deferred gifts income
- Experience with non-profit Christian organizations
- Proven record of sales and marketing, and public relations knowledge.
- Familiar with planned giving instruments.
- Experience with computer, contact management, and communication software.
- Able to communicate financial and tax information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Self-motivated, excellent organizational skills, exceptional communication, both verbal and written and demonstrated acumen for public speaking.
- Demonstrates a sincere faith and an active walk with the Lord.
- Travel to constituent locations, working evenings and weekends as needed.
To submit a cover letter and resume please email
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job title in subject line.