Heights Christian Schools (HCS) is a 501(c)3 ministry that owns and operates nine Christian schools in Southern California. HCS owns and operates one junior high school, three elementary schools, five preschools, and two infant centers. The primary objective
of our schools is to bring about the total education of the student spiritually, academically, morally, mentally, socially, and physically.
The Bookkeeper provides direct administrative support to the Accounting Department Head in general accounting tasks. We seek a motivated individual with a proven track record in accounting. To thrive in this role, an individual must love variety, work
independently, communicate well and be extremely organized. Position starts at 30 hours per week and includes annual salary and benefits.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with QuickBooks data entry and AP/AR
- Reconcile Bank Accounts
- Organize and maintain all vendor files.
- Maintain active vendor list and W-9 forms
- Assist with purchasing
- Track expenses, payments, deposits and receipts for all fundraising campaigns, extracurricular activities, and donation programming.
- Professing Christian with a Biblically sound salvation experience that is clearly communicated.
- Maintain a personal appearance that is a Christian role model of cleanliness, modesty, good taste, and in agreement with ministry policy.
- Minimum: Degree in accounting or equivalent experience with coursework in accounting. Two years of previous experience.
- Superior computer skills with excellent knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel.
- Good knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Self Starter with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Requires minimal supervision, is detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Handles stressful situations in a calm manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of personnel and student matters.
All Applicants are required to fill out our HCS Employment Application. Please visit our website located at http://www.heightschristianschools.org/bulletin-board/index.cfm#d53326 to download our application. Submit your application, cover letter and resume
to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 714-921-9484. NO CALLS PLEASE.