World Mission is a Christian based non-profit organization founded in 1994 with the purpose of sharing the gospel in third-world environments. The ministry has a rich heritage including the support of fruitful projects such as orphanages, youth ministries,
and mission aviation but since 2000 the diversified background was replaced with a very singular focus. This concentrated purpose involves sharing the Good News and making disciples among those who have never heard about Christ. They are called unreached
and unengaged people. We accomplish this by distributing solar powered audio Bibles (The Treasure), mobilizing indigenous leadership and utilizing strategic compassion projects.
“We deliver the Word of God in audio format (The Treasure) to oral learners living in unreached people groups.”
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating the organization’s marketing and fund raising efforts related to annual operating support, special project funding, capital campaign funding and endowment funds (as applicable).
The focus of the role is to establish and grow relationships with current and prospective major donors to expand the ministry of World Mission.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and provide ongoing relational communication with major gift prospects and assigned current donors.
- Works with the Ex. Director, Board members, staff and consultant(s) to prepare a realistic annual financial development plan with goals, objectives, methods and timelines.
- Organizes staff, Board members, and volunteers to seek contributions and commitments for current and deferred gifts needed from all appropriate sources, especially major donor gifts.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of approximately 100 current and prospective major donors; visits an average of 200 major gift prospects and donors yearly (15-20 per month).
- Provides monthly goals and strategies for major donor development and maintains reports on progress toward these goals.
- Performs other duties as required or requested by the Ex. Director and activities necessary to sustain the fundraising efforts for the needs of the organization.
- Must be a committed follower of Christ and an active member of an evangelical Christian church.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in business, marketing or a related field and minimum 3 years of successful experience in fundraising and successful track record in closing major gifts.
- Strong passion for World Mission’s mission and adherence to the ministry’s core values.
- Possess high moral integrity and ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Willing to travel throughout West Michigan and able to make evening and weekend presentations.
To submit a cover letter and resume, or for a full job description, please email email@example.com. Please reference job title in subject line.