Primary Purpose: To support Mission operations by maintaining office systems and supervising
staff, as hereinafter set forth; in the International Service Center; and in other projects as
assigned; as a member of a team of servants at the Village Missions International Service Center,
to the end that the Mission will be fully enabled to fulfill its God ordained purpose.
General Qualifications: This position is a mid-level management position at the International
Service Center. It requires a working understanding of office procedures and workflow, the
ability to manage multiple objectives and priorities, practical bookkeeping experience, good
command of hands on computer skills; good judgment; the ability to perform duties with
minimal supervision; and the ability to meet deadlines. It also requires full, open and tactful
communication and complete cooperation with all other personnel in the office, and the ability to
communicate with the Mission's constituents with courtesy, patience, and respect.
Personal Faith and Godly Lifestyle: Since the purpose of Village Missions is to present the
Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to rural and suburban areas in North America, it is vital to the
credibility of the Mission's work that all persons employed by the Mission be a witness of the
reality of Jesus Christ in their lives. Thus, a fundamental requirement is that any person who
holds the position must have a personal, saving faith in Jesus Christ and must demonstrate that
faith by seeking to live a Godly lifestyle at all times, both in the performance of the duties of the
position and while away from the office. Such person must also be in agreement with and
subscribe to the Mission's Statement of Faith.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise office staff, coordinate and approve time off requests, track paid time off,
maintain master calendar to assure office coverage and coordinate workflow;
maintain personnel files.
2. Develop a working understanding of Village Missions accounting system
3. Analyze accounts and prepare accounting entries as assigned by CFO
4. Reconcile benefit plan accounts receivable and related accounts
5. Know, understand, assign and monitor, all clerical functions. Function as a backup or
support in the event of absences or increased workflow.
6. Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees;
following up on work results.
7. Maintain office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
8. Maintain office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees;
planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
9. Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures;
documenting workflow and developing manuals, controlling correspondence;
designing filing systems; ordering supplies. .
10. Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval,
transfer, and disposal of records.
11. Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and
12. Design and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures;
measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
13. Maintain relationships with IT and equipment vendors, evaluating contracts and
vendor performance, and making recommendations for changes accordingly.
14. Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the position supervisor
Prior Experience: Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field, and have a minimum
of two years' successful work experience in office management including accounting or