Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered
relationships, and pursue God's call for their life.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
Forest Home is looking for a Director to provide leadership to our Junior High ministry program. We're looking for someone who has an evident love and passion for Jesus Christ, is grounded in God's Word daily, and is respected as a "Pastor" in their circle
of influence. A strong candidate will have demonstrated experience: in teaching/preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, in a manager/director level position that includes effective oversight of other staff and directing and implementing programs for the junior
high school age.
- Leads and directs Forest Home's Junior High program camps (winter & summer) to run at maximum capacity, while providing the highest guest experience.
- Works closely with Marketing and Reservations teams to develop and implements strategies for strengthening attendance and church partnerships.
- Develops and maintains communication/relationships with group leaders who attend programs.
- Provides leadership (recruiting, hiring, training, supervision and evaluation) to Junior High ministry staff.
- Teaches the Bible including, but not limited to: large group speaking, Bible Studies, seminar teaching, and curriculum design.
- Directs the preparation of the short term and long range plans and budgets.
- Evaluates the results of the overall operations of the Junior High program on a regular, systematic basis and reports these results to the Director of Youth.
- Performs ministerial services as a licensed Minister of the Gospel within the Jr. High program like baptism, communion, conducting worship services, and spiritual counseling.
- Accounts for the overall safety and security procedures for Junior High program staff, campers and counselors, visitors and facilities.
- Actively supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Leads our College Briefing and oversees Young Adult Programs
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
- College degree required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing curriculum and programs for Junior High ministry.
- Proficiency in large-group communication (including Biblical teaching).
- Experience in planning programs, administrating, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to build and effectively develop relationships.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing excellent communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Able to live on grounds during summer camp and conferences.
- Able to work weekends.
- A self-starter.
- Able to handle confidential matters with excellence.
- Ability to perform high quality work.
- Strong ability to work well in a variety of team environments.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.