SALEM Detroit is comprised of two radio stations – WLQV 1500AM (Faith Talk) and WDTK-The Patriot 92.7FM & 1400AM (Conservative News Talk). SALEM Detroit is a member of Salem Communications Corporation, the nation’s largest operator of Conservative Talk,
Christian and Inspirational radio stations, radio networks, Christian media and entertainment, Internet aggregators, e-commerce, new media and streaming.
Salem Communications Detroit News Talk and Christian Talk stations are looking for a producer who gets both formats. Are you a great booker with a good rolodex? Are you a news hound who is always on the prowl for a good news story? Can you help our hosts
make stories come alive on the radio? Are you a detail person, who can help us get our content out on social media? Do you work well with others, and enjoy a team environment? If so, please contact us.
• Assist the Host in the booking of guests, identification of suitable program content and distribution of materials associated with the program.
• Research, develop, edit and prepare items for broadcast.
• Obtain materials necessary for interviews, e.g. photos, bios, web sites, etc.
• Write and post content via social media during broadcast.
• Co-ordinate the various items to ensure a well-balanced and professional program.
• Make sure guests are ready (either by phone or in studio).
• Be conscious of program material to ensure that it sensitively reflects both the Talk Show and Salem Communications ethos.
• Assist in answering listener correspondence whether digital or regular mail, phone calls and voicemail as directed by the Host.
• Update databases relating to guest contacts and production pieces.
• Be fluid and flexible adjusting daily task list to the demands of a live radio program.
Undertake effective evaluations of your work.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
• Strong relationships with newsmakers and community leaders
• Strong team player and servant leader
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Must have experience with Microsoft Office and Social Media: Facebook/Twitter
• Ability to identify a good story and to tease out essential facts and issues.
• Confident communicator.
• Creative thinker.
• Ability to put studio and other guests at ease.
• Minority candidates are encouraged to apply
• Talk radio experience is not required.
Application Requirements: All candidates must provide a cover letter, resume and three professional references with authorization to disclose employment history, skills and abilities.