The full-time Professor for the Master of Arts in Counseling Program has primary responsibilities in teaching counseling courses. Full-time professors are expected to teach 24 credit hours over a 12 month period of time at any one of the College of Adult and Graduate Studies sites. He/she is a liaison between the University and established Practicum and Internship sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach and develop assigned graduate courses in the Masters of Arts in Counseling (MAC) program in the College of Adult and Graduate Studies (CAGS). A typical load is 24 credit hours of counseling graduate courses during a calendar year. The MAC program is currently offered at the Lakewood, Colorado Springs, Loveland, Denver Tech Center, Online, and Grand Junction. Though one center will be the primary location, full-time faculty may be required to teach in any of the CAGS locations during a given semester.
- May be assigned one or more Practicum and/or Internship group supervision sections each semester. Group supervision responsibilities include contact with the site supervisor on a regular basis, including at least one site visit.
- Provide mentoring to Counseling graduate students as it is deemed necessary by the MAC Program Director.
- Engage in scholarly activities, including publications, presentations, and other scholarly contributions.
- Assist the MAC Department in program review to meet Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Education Programs (CACREP) Standards.
- Assist the Dean for Social Sciences and Humanities and the MAC Program Director with the MAC Assessment plan and report.
- Assume departmental responsibilities based on collaborative review by the MAC team, the Dean for Social Sciences and Humanities, and/or the MAC Program Director.
- Maintain membership in professional counseling organizations and participate in professional organization activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Terminal degree in Counselor Education & Supervision from a regionally accredited university. ABD status considered.
- Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) licensure is not required. Successful candidate must be qualified and willing to obtain licensure. DORA registry is required.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, online teaching and learning, and integration of faith and learning. Must be willing to teach using distance learning platform. Online teaching and/or learning experience required.
- Two or more years of teaching and clinical experience.
- Research/publication history and commitment to future research.
- Knowledge of ethical standards of practice to the extent that the candidate can effectively teach same.
- Superior oral, interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with and work cooperatively with the University community, ministry/corporate partners, and general audiences interested in or related to the MAC program.
- Proficient in appropriate MS Office software. Able to use appropriate software and technology in the learning environment.
- Experience and desire to become proficient in Blackboard, Google Hangouts, and other multimedia or software programs. Must be willing to use multimedia technology for interactions with students and grading student projects.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends.
To Apply, please fill out our online application at:
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student / Youth PastorChrist The Rock Community Church
- Cooper City, Florida
- October 27
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Colorado Christian University
Colorado Christian University is very different from the typical American university. We hold tightly to traditional values and high academic standards. We strive to impact our culture in support of traditional family values, sanctity of life, compassion for the poor, biblical view of human nature, limited government, personal freedom, and other such causes that preserve and promote high moral and ethical standards. More...