We are a busy Christian Retreat and Conference Center looking for a skilled maintenance person:
SOME DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General maintenance and repairs on automobiles and trucks. Troubleshoot and repair automobiles and trucks including plow equipment.
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties, caulks windows and doors, repairs and replaces broken windows.
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures.
- Assembles and moves furniture, hangs pictures and bulletin boards, makes name plates, moves and sets up tables and chairs.
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls.
- Paints interior and exterior walls.
- On call nights and weekends required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skill in reading and following blueprints and assembly instructions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
Expected Hours of Work:
- Full time-minimum 40 hours per week.
- Schedule of hours may vary. Basic schedule Monday- Friday 7:30-4:00 with on call nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
Should demonstrate competence in the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand the ethical behavior and practices of Blue Mountain Christian Retreat and ensure that these practices/policies are followed by yourself and other staff.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others in order to reach the goals of BMCR.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear manner in order to relay messages that need to be understood by staff and guests.
- Focus on Guests Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the people who are on the grounds as guests.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve goals and resolve problems.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance and urgency of a problem or situation, in order to make clear decisions which are timely and have the best interests of BMCR.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Five years experience in maintenance and minimum 1 year automobile mechanics. A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license is required.
Salary plus housing which includes utilities. We also provide health benefits after 30 days.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- Felton, California
- October 13
Lead Food Service SpecialistCityteam
- Felton, California
- October 10
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
West Michigan Day Camp Regional DirectorSpringHill Camps
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- September 27
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Blue Mountain Christian Retreat
Christian Camp & Conference Center