Bethany House of Northern Virginia, Inc. is a Christian shelter for victims of domestic violence.
Founded in 1979, we are among the oldest shelters in Northern Virginia
and fill a critical need in our community. We provide compassionate care to our clients, seeking to heal the whole person, physically, emotionally and spiritually. House Managers
fill a unique function in our range of services by providing a daily testament of patient, peaceful living to abused women and children. Duties include:
• Model appropriate interpersonal interaction and responsible behavior for clients, including confidentiality, attentiveness to house rules, cleanliness, politeness, conflict resolution, and respect for individual clients’ cultural, religious, ethnic, family or other background.
• Supervise daily operations of shelter, including housekeeping, meal preparation, curfew and client interaction. Schedule weekly house meeting with clients to review house rules and address client concerns.
• Maintain chore list and assign residents to specific tasks with instructions regarding their house duties and responsibilities at the shelter. Explain and demonstrate tasks to be done in the home when necessary.
• Maintain daily log of activities within shelter and significant client interactions. Provide written Incident Report to Family Assistance Program Manager within 24 hours of unresolved client conflicts and/or emergency situations (e.g., hospital emergency)
• Prepare client rooms between occupancy for incoming clients, including inventory of furniture and other provided items, light housekeeping, change of linens, welcome basket, etc. as described by BHNV.
• Provide light maintenance on home (e.g., changing lightbulbs and furnace filters) and advise Executive Director of needed repairs in a timely manner.
• Provide transportation of clients to Thursday evening programs and other scheduled client events.
• Keep financial records and receipts on petty cash, food and supplies provided for the shelter and/or individual clients. Receipts should be turned in to the finance department monthly.
• Attend House Manager meetings, staff development and seminars on domestic abuse.
Benefits include free room, 100% health insurance, 100% life insurance, monthly stipend, two (2) weeks vacation, and one (1) week sick. Other benefits offered.
Due to the residential environment, only single women will be considered. Come share the love of Christ with abused women and children! Applicants should send a Cover Letter and Resume to the following EMAIL
link, thank you.