This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Bethany House of Northern Virginia
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 10/11/2007
Categories: House Parent
Job Type: Full-Time
Will provide a home-like atmosphere and offer residents of a domestic violence shelter understanding, encouragement, and support in practical daily affairs.
Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Mature, some experience, a love for the ministry and evangelism. Bi-lingual a plus.
Under supervision of the Executive Director, the House Manager has the following specific duties and responsibilities:
1. Assign individual residents specific tasks and give instructions regarding house duties and responsibilities at the shelter. Explain and re-demonstrate tasks, as necessary, to resolve work-related problems.
2. Supervise the home on a daily basis and have final say in routine matters with residents while on duty. Investigate complaints of residents and try to resolve problems. Communicate with client's Outreach Worker regarding problem situations.
3. Prepare a monthly progress report on each resident, to be presented to the Outreach Staff, with a copy to the director.
4. Coordinate and assist clients with planning and cooking balanced meals.
5. Attend weekly house manager's meetings. Attend ongoing training and seminars as requested by the Executive Director.