IT System Engineer / System Support:
NPSGroup is a technology consulting group based in Phoenix Arizona serving small to midsized customers with a special focus on the technology needs of churches, nonprofit organizations. NPSGroup is growing and looking to build our staff and product offerings. NPSGroup is a smaller team working closely together to build solutions to meet the needs of our customers through service delivery, managed solutions, and remote managed services.
PLEASE REVIEW REQUIRED INFORMATION BELOW TO INCLUDE WITH RESUME WHEN APPLYING FOR POSITION:
Candidates for the position of IT System Engineer / System Support will:
- Demonstrates the utmost level of integrity and honesty in all aspects of the job
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and demonstrate the ability to manage time independently
- Provide support appropriate to needs using phone, remote access or onsite visits
- Manage trouble ticket queue and take ownership of trouble tickets from triage to resolution
- Provide on-site customer support as necessary for desktop, networks, and server support
- Provide backup administration and system monitoring and reporting protecting customer assets
- Maintain detailed notes of internal and customer systems through ticketing system
- Participate in the active monitoring using best practices for customers systems
- Assess customer infrastructure and work with NPSG Team to design and deploy proper infrastructure and systems.
- Seek knowledge to stay current with IT industry certifications and best practices.
- Maintain high attention to detail and commitment to detailed documentation is not negotiable. You will need to document and record time and service activities for all internal and customer facing activities
Candidates for the position of IT System Engineer / System Support should possess the following skills as their direct involvement or oversight might include:
- Competent in the setup, operation and support of Desktop operating systems (Windows, MAC, Android, Chrome a plus)
- Competent to administer, deploy and troubleshoot Server Operating systems, Primarily windows server (Active Directory, Group Policy and Security)
- Able to manage and deploy Virtual Server technologies
- Capable of operating and troubleshooting most common end user applications.
- Strong knowledge of networking principles (VLAN, IP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, VPN)
- Capable of installing and troubleshooting PC, Server, Printer, and Network hardware
- Understanding of wireless networking technologies, deployment and troubleshooting
- Capable of premise and structured cabling troubleshooting and installation
- Maintenance and removal of virus / malware / spyware – management/deployment of security solutions.
- Administer and maintain onsite and offsite Backup solutions including recovery operations
- Familiar with electronic messaging (E-mail both client side, server and hosted technologies – google, Office365), Spam filters. Exchange Administration and migration.
- Experienced with operation and configuration of mobile devices
Previous help desk experience is highly desirable but not required (preferably service providers, consulting groups), familiarity with PSA tools (ConnectWise, AutoTask, etc.), Familiarity with RMM (Continuum, LabTech, N-Able, Level, Packetrap, etc.).
NPSGroup will consider candidates at all levels of technical expertise. Users seeking to expand their skill set have a great opportunity for training and advancement; proficient individuals have an opportunity to begin serving clients immediately. Opportunities for advancement likely available depending on experience, performance and commitment.
Location: Phoenix metropolitan area – Minimal travel
Hours: Some afterhours support is required as part of team rotation
Compensation: Depends on Experience
Term: Full or Part Time (No Short term, Transition or contract)
Please send Cover letter and resume:
PO Box 71096, Phoenix, and AZ 85050-1096
MUST include with resume:
- Cover page
- Information on how you learned of our opportunity
- Are you interested in Full-time or Part-time work?
- Contact information - list times and method that are best to reach you
- Resume should include work history including lengths of service
- Summary of goals as it relates to employment in the technology industry over next 1, 3,5,10 years.
- Description of involvement with nonprofit, philanthropic, or faith based organizations.
- Professional/Personal/Character references
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.