Salem Eagle, a division of Salem Communications, America’s largest radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values has an immediate
opening for an intern for Spring 2015.
The internship is in the Regnery Publishing and the Conservative Book Club divisions. Our office is conveniently located within walking distance from Union Station and therefore accessible via the Washington Metro System.
You must be willing to work 24-28hrs. per week and compensation is at an hourly rate.
- Assist in the promotion, publicity and marketing of Regnery Publishing books and authors
- Assist in the curation of the Conservative Book Club website by providing content, including but not limited to writing short articles and book reviews, transcribe author interviews and provide copy editing for website content and daily newsletter
- Grow and engage an online community of conservative book enthusiasts
- Special projects include industry research and event planning (assisting with the Conservative Book Club’s formal relaunch at CPAC 2015)
- Assist in the day-to-day administrative and operation functions of Regnery Publishing and the Conservative Book Club
- Majoring in one of the following degrees: Political science, writing, journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, history, or a related degree
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Strong writing skills (ability to write 300-500 word short articles and book reviews for online publication weekly)
- Social Media, in particular growing and engaging online communities utilizing Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Online research skills and article aggregation for daily/weekly newsletters
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Personable and team player
- Must be in DC the week of February 23-28