Part-Time Customer Service/Telesales Agent - Nashville, TN
The Telesales Agent is responsible for outbound telephone calls to existing customers and new prospects with the intention of selling publication subscriptions. The Agent is expected to provide outstanding customer service in alignment with our quality
assurance standards. The Agent will also participate in outbound follow-up for sales and service. The Agent collects and records specific data pertaining to the customer/prospects call within a computer system/spreadsheet with a high level of accuracy.
- Conduct sales presentations as trained on the telephone.
- Engage the customer/prospect by creating interest in the campaigns being marketed.
- Build rapport with customer/prospect in a short period of time.
- Gather and document information through a proper discovery.
- Enter notes into a computer.
- Ensure all questions are answered in a professional, informative, diplomatic and correct manner.
- Ensure sales paperwork is returned within a specific period of time.
- Achieve personal and departmental objectives as provided or determined throughout the fiscal year.
- Participate in ongoing sales training and team collaboration efforts.
- Provide superior customer service in accordance with the company/department standards.
- Maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members as well as prospects and customers.
- Operate general office machinery (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some telesales or customer service experience.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated and energetic.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Data entry skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Detail oriented.