Scope: To initiate and cultivate relationships with potential major donors (individuals, businesses, and foundations) who have the capability of making significant financial contributions to the ministry of World Relief; to maintain and build strong relationships with existing World Relief major donors; and to professionally and effectively ask for financial gifts to fund the mission and program of World Relief.
1. Work individually to develop donor acquisition and retention plans for your assigned geographic area. Work with the World Relief Major Donor Team to leverage acquisition and retention strategies.
2. Compellingly articulate the mission, vision, and ministry to which God has called World Relief.
3. Using Raisers Edge, track communication and moves management strategies with potential and real major donors.
4. Provide leadership for special events which will have as a focus prospecting, cultivating, and/or acquiring major donors.
5. Prepare written proposals, with the help of the Major Donor Team, which effectively and compellingly describe the work God has called World Relief to do and the "return on investment" that each donor will see.
6. Leverage the network of your World Relief major donors by giving them the tools and coaching necessary to be ambassadors for World Relief and the ministry God has called us to.
7. Plan and execute, with the help of World Relief field staff and the Major Donor Team, "Vision Trips" to the field for potential and real major donors.
8. Keep abreast of the ministry of World Relief by interfacing with field staff, technical advisors, and visiting projects. Be able to effectively describe any World Relief project, the cost to accomplish the project, and the expected ministry outcomes to donors.
9. Leverage speaking opportunities for the President/CEO and key field and technical staff, in order to build awareness of World Relief and its ministry and help secure funding for any of its projects.
10. Insure gifts from major donors assigned are properly thanked and followed up on with timely information and updates on the ministry each gift has accomplished.
11. Submit activity reports each week to the Vice President of Major Gifts, participate in occasional conference calls, and attend in-house meetings for the purpose of strategy and evaluation.
12. Articulate your personal walk with Jesus Christ and relate it to the ministry of World Relief.
13. Possess a love for the poor, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion or culture, and a burden to connect them with Gods love and the compassion of Christians in the United States.
Professionally - Minimum of 5 years major donor fundraising experience; excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; the rare combination of being people-oriented, detail oriented, and direct enough to ask for large gifts; self-motivated and able to work independently; minimum of an undergraduate degree.
Personally - A genuine commitment to Christ and a desire to serve Him; and a heart for the poor and the ability to articulate this to others.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Additional Job Notes:
Domestic travel 35%. International travel 5%. This job may be officed in Baltimore, Atlanta, Texas, Colorado, Arizona, or California.
Two positions available; one for Southeast US, one for West Coast US.
Job Skill Codes:
Ability to develop and maintain long-term funding relationships, handle multiple tasks, maintain confidentiality, meet deadlines, and have strong organization skills. Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office and Blackbaud/Rasiers Edge). Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Senior Accounting ManagerTri Star Sports & Entertainment Group
- Nashville, Tennessee
- October 7
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
The relief and development arm of The National Association of Evangelicals. Ministers to the "poorest of the poor" through relief and rehabilitation to meet physical and spiritual needs. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Visit us at www.wr.org. More...