This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Central Kansas Youth for Christ
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 12/03/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
The executive director's ministry is a serious responsibility, one that normally cannot be accomplished in a 40-hour week. As a job, it is demanding in its expectations and requirements. As spiritual work it requires a healthy abiding relationship with Jesus Christ. In fulfilling the director's role, there are eight key result areas that require attention. Whether done directly, or through other people, "the buck stops" on the director's desk in seeing that the work expressed in these areas gets done.
1. PLANNING. The director will lead the ministry in casting vision, strategic planning, and the creation of continual operational planning and implementation.
2. BOARD DEVELOPMENT. The director will work in partnership with the board to insure that there is continual development of the board as an effective governing body.
3. STAFF LEADERSHIP. The director will lead the staff through recruitment, training, development, placement, supervision and encouragement to carry out the work of the ministry.
4. MINISTRY. The director will develop and carry out Youth for Christ ministries within the community to a growing number of young people and ministry sites.
5. COMMUNITY RELATIONS. The director will be an advocate for young people and youth evangelism, will maintain visibility for YFC, and will relate YFC ministry to people, leaders, churches and organizations within the community.
6. FUND-RAISING. The director will develop and lead a comprehensive transformational development program to raise sufficient funds for a growing ministry through individual efforts and team strategies with the board, staff and volunteers.
7. ADMINISTRATION/FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT. The director will operate a local YFC office and organization that will carry out all necessary administrative functions, including management of all financial and physical resources.
8. YOUTH FOR CHRIST ADVOCATE. The director will be an advocate for the YFC movement, and will insure that personnel maintain involvement with YFC regionally, nationally and internationally.
The percentage of time that the executive director spends in each of these activities will differ depending on the time of year. It will also differ from YFC chapter to YFC chapter, depending on the size and scope of the ministry, and the strengths and focus that maximizes the work of the individual director.