This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of "Rescue" Operations
Dawson McAllister Association
Spring Hill, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 12/06/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you ready to use your experience and skills to help this ministry connect with the thousands of teenagers and young adults who are desperately reaching out for help? Is it time for you to step away from the day-to-day and step into something different...something more, something God maybe calling you to do? Imagine working in an environment that gives you clear purpose and reward every day?
The mission of the Dawson McAllister Association is simple:
To provide "real" hope
to teenagers and young adults in crisis.
How is this accomplished? Two words - Radio & Rescue
Radio is the syndicated broadcast of Dawson McAllister Live, (DMLive) our Sunday night radio call-in show. It is Biblically-based straight talk for a generation that is starving for truth and real hope. Here are the facts:
- DMLive is heard on 68 Top 40 radio stations nationwide.
- According to Arbitron, the audience each Sunday night is over 300,000
- DM Daily under development - will quadruple our current on air time.
- With nearly 50 million teenagers and young adults who are 13-25 years of age, we have a long way to grow.
Rescue is the faith-based safety net of caring people, communities and critical information fully integrated with appropriate technologies for those who seek our help.
- Hundreds of volunteers who give their time responding by phone, chat and email to the cries for help and the need for hope.
- HopeLine Centers staffed 7 days a week to meet needs one by one.
- National ministry partners that facilitate long term follow-up.
- Web based resources that make Rescue a 24/7 event.
Our team is beginning to grasp the words of the Apostle Paul when he said, "a great door for effective work has opened to me" (1 Corinthians 16:9 NIV).
We have been called to serve those who are perhaps the most untrusting generation in history. Theyve been ignored, abused and forgotten. But by Gods grace thousands of them are checking in and stepping out by risking a little trust in us. For some, we represent the only adult who has ever listened and cared...the only friend who will speak truth into their life...the only place they may ever hear about "real" hope.
Who are we looking for in our Director of Rescue?
A leader who can lead and grow our Rescue Ministry into uncharted territory;
A compassionate innovator who can help us reach the masses without losing the personal touch;
A builder who can lead the development and implementation of the resources required to provide "real" hope to the teenagers and young adults who seek our help;
Someone who feels a strong call both to the DMA mission and to the organization.
This position will be a part of the Core Leadership Team of the ministry and will report directly to the CEO.
We are looking for someone with these qualifications, values and experiences:
1. Experience with development of strategic plans and implementation of strategic initiatives
2. Values teamwork and has strong collaborative skills.
3. Strong presentation and communication skills - verbal, written and though the use of technology.
4. Experience with project management.
5. Experience with developing and managing budgets.
6. Experience with selecting and managing vendors and other external parties for procurement of services and products.
7. Experience in building, motivating and leading a team. Leadership philosophy needs to be consistent with the DMA culture.
8. Experience in developing quality measures to track effectiveness of operations.
9. Experience with volunteer recruitment and management of a large corps of volunteers.
10. Possesses a strong customer service outlook and delivery - someone who is passionate about the "rescue" of those in need.
11. Competent user of internet and web technologies and of standard Microsoft productivity software (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
12. Ability to travel on limited basis.
Other useful qualifications, values and experiences (Preferred but not required)
1. Knowledge and experience around legal aspects of call center operations.
2. Clear understanding of issues facing teens and young adults.
3. Experience with continuous improvement process.
4. Knowledge of online constituent relationship management systems (CRM).
5. Experience teaching or training.
If you are serious about helping teenagers and young adults find real hope through the love of Jesus Christ and think you have what it takes to get the job done, contact us!
Experience and qualifications:
1. Strong visionary abilities.
2. Experience with online relational database management systems, teaching and training, web applications development and testing.
3. Budget management experience.
4. Possesses a strong customer service outlook and delivery.
5. Strong project management experience.
6. Strong presentation and communication skills.
7. Strong collaboration and teamwork abilities
8. Ability to facilitate outcomes from a broad group of input providers (Ex: customer feedback and brainstorming groups).
9. Experience in designing and reporting appropriate quality measures to track effectiveness of operations.
10. Knowledge and experience around all legal aspects of call center operations and interacting with teens and young adults.
11. Biblical studies background with understanding Biblical responses to crisis needs of teens and young adults.
12. Deep understanding of the many issues facing teens and young adults in todays world.
13. Past youth leader experience preferred.
14. TQM/Process Improvement experience preferred.
15. Licensed Professional Counselor certification with experience counseling to youth preferred.
Keywords: Rescue Mission, Gospel Rescue, Inner City Mission, Urban Mission, Urban Ministry