This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Web Services
Dawson McAllister Association
Spring Hill, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 12/06/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
The Director of Web Services is responsible for developing the organizations web site(s) into a powerful and effective ministry resource for our constituents (teenagers and young adults).
Includes concept development, strategizing, planning, implementation, coordination and maintenance of strong educational components and all other web content and functions. Tracks and reports on the effectiveness of web ministry success and appeal.
This includes quantitative and qualitative reports on the lives impacted by the ministry. Analyzes web usage trends to improve and/or add functionality. Manages relationships with internal and external web partners. vendors and consultants.
1. Develops plan, strategy, and budget for the web ministry.
2. Oversees web site activities associated with development, design, implementation, maintenance, operations, delivery and service.
3. Prepares RFPs and analyzes proposals from services & technology providers.
4. Manage vendors and other external parties for procurement of services and products for ongoing operations.
5. Reviews progress, manages resources, and ensures the overall quality of the web site.
6. Engages in typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
7. Ability to manage and prioritize the numerous requests by the various departments that rely on the web applications.
8. Will include supervisory responsibility involving staffing, conducting performance appraisals, training and developing subordinates, promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.
9. Reports to CEO.
Experience and qualifications:
1. Strong leadership experience and abilities
2. Experience with online relational database management systems, multimedia, teaching and training, web applications development and testing.
3. Marketing experience preferred.
4. Budget management experience.
5. Possesses a strong customer service outlook and delivery.
6. Strong project management experience.
7. Strong presentation and communication skills.
8. Strong collaboration abilities
9. TQM/Process Improvement experience.
10. Ability to facilitate outcomes from a broad group of input providers (Ex: customer feedback and brainstorming groups).
11. Possess a broad knowledge and experience as to what web technology has to offer and how it can be applied in solving business challenges around designing efficient ministry processes.
12. Experience in designing and reporting appropriate quality measures to track effectiveness of web applications, from all customer perspectives (internal and external customers).
13. Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint