WHY JOIN US?
Are you tired of just working for a paycheck? Are you hungry for more? Would you like to use your education, training, and experience to serve others? You could join Cityteam and be a part of an organization that works passionately to transform the lives of individuals, their families and communities. Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, homeless, and lost in local communities in the United States and around the world.
Cityteam is currently looking for a Website Developer to support our marketing efforts companywide. Are you proud to be a geek? We need you! Do you enjoy analyzing user data? Like to play in the cloud? Know all about automation software? Would you like to create compelling online experiences? We need someone who can help our Marketing Team develop, create, and implement online marketing programs and strategy to extend our reach and drive traffic via the web and digital platforms.
In addition to being techy, you’ll also need to know how to play nice with others. In addition to working closely with the Vice President of Marketing and Communications and the whole Marketing Team, you’ll need to work with other departments, programs, and staff. You’ll manage and mentor contractors and volunteers as well as work together with the organization’s ad agency.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Marketing Website Developer is responsible for our portfolio of online communication on a global basis. You’ll manage our marketing web properties, create compelling online experiences leveraging video and digital assets, as well as create clear calls to action to partner, disciple, donate, and volunteer with the organization. You will mix previous technology with new cloud platforms to design and optimize web content for maximum effectiveness. You will also utilize marketing automation cloud software to develop multiple campaigns to generate and cultivate a great commission donor base for our Disciple Making Movement.
- Develop, create, and implement monthly online marketing programs and strategies.
- Extend the organization’s reach and drive traffic via the web and digital technology platforms across all divisions.
- Develop comprehensive paid searches, online advertising, social media awareness, joint campaigns, and events.
- Track, monitor, and report on a wide range of online and lead conversion metrics and optimize campaigns based on the best-performing strategies.
- Maintain a consistent brand and message across various platforms using a variety of vendors.
- Design, develop, and successfully execute Cityteam’s internet presence, including web content, design, web metrics, reporting tools, search engine optimization, marketing automation software, e-mail strategies, banner ads, landing pages, usability, blogging, social media, on-line donation software, MP3/podcasting, backend storage, and other online strategies.
- Manage, strengthen, and maintain a can-do, service-oriented, entrepreneurial environment that stresses employee accountability and teamwork.
BEST PARTS OF THE JOB
- You’ll get to play with all things social media while making sure vital programs get the exposure and support they need.
- You’ll get to be God’s hands and feet by using technology.
- We are encouraged to pray! We have monthly corporate prayer gatherings, there’s a 30-minute prayer conference call in the morning, staff meetings begin with prayer, and where else can you stop in the middle of your to-do list to pray for a colleague?
WORSE PART OF THE JOB
- Cityteam is a nonprofit; you won’t get rich working here. You’ll be rich in other ways, but not financially.
- Develop and manage Cityteam’s corporate websites to bring fresh content, awareness, and fundraising to the organization.
- Manage all social media networks with a consistent and engaging message that supports our mission, brand awareness, and fundraising.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to develop, plan, research, interview, write, edit, and produce effective web and email content.
- Responsible for all of Cityteam’s e-mail marketing efforts and work with third party software products to launch successful awareness and fundraising e-mails.
- Write effective copy, design attractive graphics, and acquire accurate e-mail addresses using tracking mechanisms.
- Responsible for all aspects of effective web campaigns for different events and holiday seasons. In addition, develop backend support for Raiser’s Edge links to donor software products and online credit card transactions.
- Develop new web content, updates (news and events) and copyright for all Cityteam web proprieties.
- Manage, write, and code SEO advertising (i.e.Google AdWords, Yahoo, etc.) Google Analytics will be used as a measurement tool.
- Manage our marketing automation software experience for great commission donors.
- Submit tracking and conversion reports and financial summaries to the Vice President of Marketing and Communication on a monthly basis.
- Implement shopping cart and event registration technology that works with the accounting requirements of both donation processing and finance.
- Manage the technical backend of Cityteam’s website with web hosting companies.
- Manage all of Cityteam’s domain names.
- Continue to enhance the graphical user Internet face of the organization’s website and utilize graphics, artwork, and images to develop an exciting website.
- Responsible for meeting on-line fundraising goals.
- Be in consistent communication with Cityteam staff via phone, e-mail and social media.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Marketing and Communication.
- Manage Internet strategy budget in accordance with the approved budget that includes outside contractors, image banks, Internet hosting companies, third party Internet software and cloud computing platforms, etc.
- Conduct and participate in staff performance evaluations in a timely manner as requested by the Human Resources Department.
- Develop a personnel prayer network to support the missionary.
Personal Donor Cultivation
- Develop, implement, and maintain a personal donor cultivation and missionary support program in accordance with a plan established annually in cooperation with the Vice President of Marketing and Communication.
- Must have a personal and consistent relationship with Jesus Christ and be active in a local Christian body of believers.
- Must have compatible theology on major issues of Cityteam's Statement of Faith.
- Must be committed to serving God and the Body of Christ.
- Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team participation.
- Must have strong general project management experience.
- Must have good writing, design, technical code, video, photo, and lead generation skills.
- Must have hands-on experience developing & designing Internet strategies.
- Must have extensive knowledge of web design fundamentals including design process, information design, visual design, and industry UI standards.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Must have advanced, hands-on knowledge of current design tools and web development/production tools.
- Must be a highly motivated writer who is self-directed, detail oriented, and able to work well in a team environment.
- Must have excellent proofreading skills with command of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong creative thinking.
- Must understand the fundamentals of fundraising so donors can easily view and donate online.
- Experience with Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, Wordpress/Drupal, CSS, HTML and XML is required along with the ability to work in a Mac and PC environments.
- Must have video, music and multimedia skills and be able to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must have knowledge of different industry standard web browsers for testing purposes.
- Be able to work in a fast paced and creative work environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and have good problem solving skills.
- Must be a results-oriented strategic thinker and idea person (not simply an implementer).
- Must be able to mentor and coach others.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, Internet Technology or related degree or have related working experience.
- Must be able to quickly problem solve technical web-related issues.
- Must be energetic and versatile to manage all aspects of the day-to-day design and implementation of the organization’s Internet strategies.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- October 26
Operations Manager -Louisville, KYSalem Media Group
- Louisville, Kentucky
- October 25
News Reporter-Greenville, SCSalem Media Group
- Greenville, South Carolina
- October 21
Sales Marketing Assistant-Glendale, CASalem Media Group
- Glendale, California
- October 21
Radio Sales Account Executive-Dallas, TXSalem Media Group
- Dallas, Texas
- October 19
Cityteam is a nondenominational Christian non-profit serving the poor, the homeless, and the lost in local communities in the United States and around the world. Since 1957, Cityteam has been serving people in extreme poverty and helping them transform their lives, their families and their communities where they live. Today with the help of volunteers and donors, Cityteam is impacting the lives of over 500,000 people each year just in the United States and helping hundreds of the thousands of lives in partnership with local leaders in 48 oth More...