Marketing & Recruitment Director
SUM Bible College and Theological Seminary equips indigenous leaders from America and the nations of the world by offering an affordable theological education combining academic instruction with practical hands on ministry with personal mentorship. Our mission empowers these leaders to be instruments of change in their respective communities.
SUM is accredited with Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).
All SUM faculty and staff members are expected to be committed to Jesus Christ, to SUM’s vision, purpose and values and to affirm the SUM’s Statement of Faith, all of which can be found on the SUM’s website at www.sum.edu.
- Job Type – Full-Time
- Denomination – Assembly of God
- Location – Oakland, CA
- Salary – $60,000
- Benefits – Up to $500 medical insurance or Kaiser HSA
- Start Date – Jan 1, 2015
Aside from his/her administrative role, the Marketing/Recruitment Director position is responsible for three other business functions.
- Marketing – creating messaging and communications about SUM that will ensure effective marketing of all of the college’s educational programs in a given term/ academic year.
- Recruitment – process and team, driving enrollment.
- Reports to the Chancellor.
In collaboration with SUM Chancellor and fellow executive team members, the VP of Development and Resources will manage the business processes as described below.
- Lead the development department in strategic planning. Strategic plans must be in alignment with SUM’s mission, vision, values, policies and goals.
- Provide oversight and supervision of his/her working staff, ensuring that each one is being effective and efficient in their work.
- Inspire staff towards meeting targets or accomplishing goals.
- Keep operations within budget.
- Participate in a weekly administrative staff meeting.
- Prepare assessment reports in his/her department, in compliance with state authorization laws and accrediting bodies i.e. ABHE etc.
- Ensure regular and timely communication with SUM leadership and heads of varied SUM offices on matters related to stewardship and development.
- When necessary collaborate, with heads of varied SUM offices to ensure cohesiveness in implementation of development plans.
- Prepare quarterly status and development report in time for quarterly board meetings.
- Perform administrative functions including but not limited to printing, mailing, general computer use, etc.
- Implement agreed upon institutional guidelines in his/her area of responsibility.
- Perform any other duties that may be added from time to time.
- Create, develop and execute marketing communication that best demonstrates SUM’s mission to the community and prospective students. These strategies are to be cost-effective and are to ensure that SUM’s target number of new enrollees is achieved.
- Evaluate and collaborate with Executive Committee for new collateral materials needed in communicating the SUM vision.
- Manage event displays and update as needed keeping the vision of SUM fresh.
- Evaluate advertising opportunities and recommend those to consider to the Executive Committee.
- Provide analytical, creative and implementation support for SUM’s web, electronic and print communications, including management of the monthly newsletter process.
- Implement approved marketing and student recruitment strategies.
- Assess current SUM marketing content for effectiveness and propose actions to improve
- Evaluate existing advertising plan, strive to make it current, and propose actions to improve the reach and impact
- Evaluate SUM website and propose actions to improve its impact and usefulness
- Manage contact databases and including candidate and donor lists.
- Identify sources and resources to advertise SUM and its academic programs.
- Schedule staff for marketing fairs, career fairs and other events where SUM can be represented and its academic programs promoted.
- Oversee SUM TV program.
- Evaluate, propose and deploy use of commercial mailing services for monthly newsletter.
- Provide leadership and oversight of staff in the marketing/recruitment department, ensuring their consistent performance throughout the year. Enrollment specialists are responsible to recruit 24 new full time students each year.
- Oversee and direct the full cycle of the recruiting process.
- Ensure continued evaluation of recruiting strategy for maximum impact in finding new students.
- Manage events including scheduling, evaluating new events, budgeting, registration, coordination and execution with department staff and students.
- Develop marketing and student recruiting strategies that is cost-effective and will ensure achievement of SUM’s target number of new enrollees.
- Research and recommend to the Board new and innovative strategies to increase student enrollment. Recommendations should be supported by data.
- Implement approved marketing and student recruitment strategies.
- Ensure that recruiting strategies align with SUM’s policies and goals.
- Set recruitment goals and targets in accordance with the Board’s direction.
- Build strategic partnerships with other organizations or ministries that will facilitate increase in student enrollment.
- Evaluate, propose and coordinate major recruiting events
Job Requirements & Qualifications (KSA’s) (Knowledge, Skill & Ability)
- Excellent supervisory, organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking and training skills
- Experience in managing admissions, recruitment is desired but not mandatory
- Experience in fund raising and capital campaigns
- Knowledge in strategic planning.
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Demonstrate confidence and knowledge among various ethnic communities and local churches
- Knowledge in product development, marketing and customer service
- Skills in development, implementation and execution of programs.
- Proficiency in MS Office products and ability to learn other software programs.
- Ability to travel overnight, work evenings and weekends
- Strong growing faith and testimony in Jesus Christ and His Word
- Preferably an MA degree in marketing or any related field. Experience in marketing, sales and/or customer service preferred.
Commitment to Office Core Values
- Make quality service a top priority
- Share a commitment to SUM’s mission and purpose
- Follow an organized but flexible plan of action
- Help create an environment of trust and respect
- Foster both teamwork and independence
- Demonstrate cooperation and partnerships with the college
- Exhibit a high level of professional competence
- Strive for excellence
- Contribute to a workplace climate that is fun and rewarding.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Work from Home-Member SpecialistAmeriplan
- Any City or State, FT & PT, Based out of, Texas
- September 27
Board Operator-Denver, COSalem Media Group
- Denver, Colorado
- September 23
SUM Bible College & Theological Seminary
The SUM is a Christian College equipping the next generation of urban leaders. The racial diversity of our faculty and students provide a rich and unique learning environment. We offer an affordable theological education combining academic instruction with practical hands on ministry and personal mentorship. Our mission is to empower leaders to be instruments of change in their given communities. Our college is committed to proclaiming the good news of Jesus Christ and making disciples. SUM is accredited with Association of Biblical Higher More...