Do NOT apply on this site. Please go to teh following URL to apply:
CRISTA Ministries. “Where faith meets vocation.”
Would you like the opportunity to bring joy to the senior community through great customer service and hospitality? CRISTA Senior Living, a ministry of CRISTA has an immediate opening at their Independent Living Community, Cristwood Park, for a Kitchen Supervisor/Sous
Chef. This position is responsible for developing and preparing menus and meals that offer nutritional values and creative appeal to residents, guests and visitors. This position will also provide supervisory responsibilities over the kitchen staff ensuring
a smooth running kitchen. This position is full time.
1. Christian Commitment: Strong personal faith in Christ, demonstrated in behavior
2. Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Experience: Previous culinary experience in a nutrition services department or restaurant or a CCRC community.
4. Licensure/Certification: Current Washington State Food Handler’s Permit.
Work with resident dietitian to ensure the nutritional needs of the residents/special diets.
Know and perform any task necessary to maintain operations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measures using fractions, decimals and whole numbers.
Ability to read, understand and follow recipes.
Ability to prepare menu items.
Knowledge of essential food cost controls.
Ability to perform duties in a team environment.
Ability to operate all food related equipment.
Read, write, communicate in and interpret English at a functional level (i.e.: read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos, write clearly and explain information to residents and staff in a clear manner).
Manage multiple tasks efficiently.
6. Software and Equipment Used: Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and other pertinent computing and software applications
Do you have advanced culinary skills? Do you have great customer service, natural ability to multi-task, and work independently? We want to hear from you!
Please use the link above to apply.