SUPERVISES: Support Recovery Ministry Area Leader, Celebrate Recovery Ministry Area Leader, Spiritual Care Ministry Area Leader
- This pastor must have a growing grace-based walk with Jesus.
- This pastor must be in agreement with the Doctrine, Mission and Philosophy of Ministry of Lincoln Berean Church (LBC).
- This pastor must have the conviction, passion and giftedness to fulfill Ephesians 4:12.
- This pastor must be able to communicate, cast and carry out vision for his area of ministry.
- Function as the Ministry Area Leader to provide vision and leadership to the Counseling Resources Ministry Area.
- Provide overall leadership to the Counseling Resources Ministry Area.
- Oversee Pastoral Counseling at LBC, including caring for and training of Ministry Staff.
- Oversee the various ministries in Counseling Resources such as Spiritual Care, Celebrate Recovery, Support and Recovery Groups, Health Ministry, Professional Counselors, etc. This would include supervision over those who lead the various sub-ministries.
- Provide a limited amount of personal counseling to LBC attenders.
- Provide various classes and seminars to promote emotional and spiritual health to LBC attenders.
- The Pastor of Counseling Resources would also be responsible to fulfill other various pastoral responsibilities when needed such as funerals, weddings, and general pastoral care to the peopleof LBC.
BENEFITS: (to be shared during the interview process)
A Master’s Degree in Counseling; preferably a Doctor of Ministry or Doctor of Philosophy.
Professional counseling license in the state of residence.
Five years of full-time professional counseling experience.
Significant experience with support recovery groups.
Significant experience specifically with Sexual Addiction Groups (CSAT preferred).
Adequate theological foundation to integrate sound theology into LBC Counseling Resources.
Five years of experience serving in a local church, either as a staff member or lay person.
Demonstrates leadership in a ministry context.
Personal Profile of Counseling Resources Pastor
We desire to find a person for this position who will fit the overall Philosophy of Ministry, vision and church culture of Lincoln Berean Church. We believe the following characteristics best define the kind of person we are looking for:
- Qualified to serve as an elder according to I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Demonstrates brokenness and humble dependence on the grace of God for life and ministry.
- Demonstrates a life of bearing spiritual fruit (character and influence).
- Demonstrates balance in his life (family, work, rest, recreation).
- Demonstrates emotional health and stability.
- The successful person will be intrinsically motivated, others-centered, visionary and owns the responsibility to develop a strategy for this ministry, then train and equip servant leaders to make it happen.
- Is a skilled professional with a broad understanding of ministry issues and perspectives.
- Has a proven track record of equipping people to make an impact inside and outside the church walls.
- Able to work with a broad spectrum of people in a healthy and productive way.
- Ability to work in a large multi-staff church.
- Believes in a team approach to leadership and service.
- Is able to build and shepherd teams within his ministry area.
- Understands his pastoral role as primarily one of equipping people for ministry.
- Believes that God has gifted him and given him the passion to serve as an equipping pastor.
- Has the support of his family in this position.