This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministry
Hauser Community Church
North Bend, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 06/06/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Director of Childrens Ministry
June 2, 2006 Revision
To communicate the love of Jesus to every child we contact from birth through 6th grade in attitude, actions and teaching. To guide childrens ministries to lead children to Jesus and then toward spiritual maturity through active modeling and focused teaching.
To reach out to the children of the community in many ways, inviting them to have a great time with children and adults who love them in Jesus Name.
1. Develop ministries that effectively reach children with Christs love and disciple them toward maturity.
2. To incorporate all five purposes of worship, fellowship, discipleship, evangelism and ministry throughout childrens ministry.
3. To recruit, train and supervise volunteers for all levels of childrens ministry.
4. To continually look for ways to be more effective in reaching children.
5. To ensure that every aspect of the ministry is safe for children; physically, emotionally and spiritually.
1. Reports to the Senior Pastor and works under his leadership.
2. Relates to the pastoral staff as colleges though not a pastoral position. Coordinates with them to integrate childrens ministry with the overall mission of the church.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelors degree in education preferred, but significant training and experience in teaching or childrens ministry accepted.
2. Experience training and supervising volunteers necessary.
3. Prefer some experience in a multi-staff setting.
1. Demonstrated commitment to Jesus Christ and to continual spiritual growth.
2. A life-long learner in both spiritual and professional realms.
3. A genuine love for children and an ability to "connect" with them. Relates well to adults.
4. Commitment to reaching and discipling children toward spiritual maturity.
5. Full endorsement of the Constitution and Statement of Faith of Hauser Community Church and remain a member in good-standing.