ADVENT GROUP MINISTRIES is a team of Christians with a mission of empowering people to restore relationships and break the destructive cycles of abuse and addiction through the hope and healing made possible by Christ's love and quality treatment. We provide personal care through a professional staff of counselors and social workers and a network of well-trained volunteers.
Our Addictions Counselor is a member of a leadership and treatment team which provides services to chemically dependent and behaviorally disturbed adolescents in group homes. The Addiction Counselor meets with chemically dependent adolescents; to guide, educate and counsel the youth in addictions and recovery. At times the Addictions Counselor provides relapse prevention services, child care/supervision and ensures that the program is providing adequate treatment for each individual.
For more information, please visit our website at www.adventgm.org
• Two years of college and in process of obtaining certificate in addictions counseling. Bachelor degree in Social Service field with certificate in addictions counseling preferred
• Must be LCSW, LMFT, registered intern with BBS, certified Alcohol and other drugs counselor, or registered to obtain such certification within 6 months of hire date.
• Previous internship or employment in work with adolescents
• Clean DMV record, with no more than one point if under 25 years of age, or no more than two points if over 25 years of age
• Ability to do essential duties
• Good physical health (provide proof via physical exam)
• Negative TB test
• Physical strength and flexibility sufficient to perform duties (including but not limited to reaching, throwing, lifting, carrying, pushing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, turning/twisting)
• Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to meet the demands of the job
• Operate agency vehicles in a safe and legal manner
• File and maintain files
• Read, hear, understand and carry out simple and complicated instructions
• Prepare detailed records or reports such as inventory records, receiving reports, quantities, etc.
• Make simple arithmetic additions and subtractions; count, compute and calculate results of tests, etc.
• Plan own work activities
• Plan, coordinate and direct the activities of disturbed and addicted adolescents
• Work as a member of a team
• Work with minimum amount of supervision
• Work on several tasks at the same time
• Work under pressure
Additional Salary Information: Includes medical benefits and paid vacation, sick and holiday.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Counselor / Social WorkerPromise Village: Home for Children
- Davisburg, Michigan
- September 18
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Family Teaching Couple (House Parents)The Children's Home
- Amarillo, Texas
- September 14
Rescue & Recovery Program ManagerCityteam
- Chester, Pennsylvania
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Advent Group Ministries
A social service agency made up of Christians providing social services programs to disadvantaged children and families. Competitive salaries, excellent benefits. Beautiful location. Visit us at www.adventgm.orgMore...