Are you ready to make an impact? Join the YMCA team as the Director or Teacher of our Wilsonville Child Development Center. Be a part of an organization committed to supporting the community by offering avenues for people to improve upon their mind, body
and spirit. The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is the largest non-profit childcare provider in Oregon. We’re a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our purpose and mission. We do this by putting the Christian
principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Why the Y?
The YMCA offers and enriching environment with training opportunities and employee development.
Free family membership
Medical and Dental Benefits
Paid time off
Training and Career development
General Function of the Program Director:
Under the supervision of the Childcare Executive Director, the Program Director will manage a variety of duties relating to the quality, training, and retention of program staff according to the standards of the YMCA. The Director is responsible for directing
a safe, developmentally appropriate program for children, managing and supervising all aspects of child care programs, including but not limited to program quality, staff management, budget development, parent and community relations, maintaining CCD compliance
and YMCA policies and procedures. Direct responsibilities and/or emphasis will be determined by the Executive Director according to the needs of each program. The responsibilities may also include, but are not limited to: site evaluations for quality assurance
and compliance with governing agencies, communication with school district personnel, marketing, training, scheduling of staff, substituting, and other duties as assigned. He/She must be available during site hours of operation.
Salary: 34,000-40,000 per year
Program Director Entry Requirements:
- Four year degree in Early Childhood Education or related field or 5yrs experience.
- Experience in child development programs.
- One year experience in staff supervision.
- Knowledge of budget development.
- Knowledge of state licensing requirements.
- Meet all child care director standards as dictated by the state Child Care Division.
- Must pass driver’s license review by insurance carrier.Must possess strong verbal, written, communication and supervisory skills.
- Must hold a valid Oregon Driver’s license, with a clean driving record and reliable personal transportation.
- Must be current or willing to obtain within 30days of hire: CPR/First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Child Abuse Prevention as per YMCA Child Care Division standards.
- Must pass criminal history check, driving record check, random drug testing, and fingerprint testing if required by CCD.
- Must pass driver’s license review by YMCA insurance carrier.
Find out more about this postion by visiting the Careers page on our website ymcacw.org. Search for "Wilsonville Program/Center Director".
The Teacher positions responsibilities include:
- Provide and follow written plans for a well-balanced, age appropriate curriculum.
- Supervise assistants and volunteers.
- Maintain relationships with children and families.
- Develop and foster positive relationships with school staff and administrators.
- Safely manage student arrival and departure.
- Plan and participate in recreational activities with students.
- Outdoor play supervision/support.
- Restroom support.
- Resolve challenging situations in a diplomatic and positive way.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Teacher position include:
- 20 credit hours in Education or related field or at least 1 year of experience in a licensed child care/school facility.
- Meet all teacher standards as dictated by the state Child Care Division.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
- 18 yrs of age
- Possess or obtain clearance through the Oregon Criminal History Registry.
Find out more about this postion by visiting the Careers page on our website ymcacw.org. Search for "Wilsonville Teacher".
To Apply: Complete the fillable application available on our website and submit to Jennie Sowder, Executive Director, Childcare.
email@example.com, 9500 SW Barbur Blvd, Suite 240, Portland, OR 97068.
YMCA Mission: To put the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
Equal Opportunity Employer