This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Staff Development Director
CO, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 12/08/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports to the Vice President of Human Resources.
Responsible for all staff training and development and performance management systems across this Christian organization. Acts as a consultant to management on these issues and leads the effort to instill a culture of continuous learning (utilizing technology and innovation). Works across multiple locations in global, multi-cultural environments. Influence reaches across all offices, domestic and international, impacting a staff of over 1500 worldwide. Responsible for implementing the approved Staff development framework. This is a highly visible and important position within this global organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ. Maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the organization, and faithfully upholds the organizations ministry in prayer.
2. Leads the effort to establish the company as a learning organization; one in which learning is aligned to the business strategy and course delivery is an innovative blend of face-to-face and other learning platforms, including e-learning.
3. Implements and maintains the Learning Management System, the Performance Management System and related systems globally.
4. Collaborates with senior management to design and implement organizational programs that promote staff development.
5. Researches and implements cutting edge effective learning solutions for staff development in a multi-cultural growing organization.
6. Directs the budgeting process for this department.
7. Identifies and builds relationships with universities that may offer advanced degrees and competency certification programs on-line.
8. Multiplies the staff development effort through building professional relationships and collaborating with HR colleagues within country, area, and corporate office structures.
9. Supervises the work of training managers as they design, acquire and deliver training and development programs. Ensures departmental projects are delivered on time and provides oversight of learning initiatives.
10. Directs performance management processes across the organization.
11. Consults with and advises management on performance management and staff development issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Seasoned expertise in management development, employee training and development, and performance management.
2. Fundamental understanding of human resources principles and concepts obtained through at least eight years of human resources experience. Membership in ASTD and SPHR certification is preferred.
3. Ability to consult, advise, and influence the highest levels of management in the organization.
4. Must possess facilitation and instructional design skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural understanding for relating effectively with employees worldwide.
6. Comfortable in a matrix environment and able to handle cross functional relationships effectively.
7. Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
8. Broad organizational and management perspective.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
10. Ability to sign a statement of faith and uphold the standards for this well-respected global Christian organization.
Salary not to exceed $80,000.