This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Global Compensation & Benefits Director
CO, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 12/08/2006
Job Type: Full-Time
JOB TITLE: GLOBAL COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DIRECTOR
Reports to the Vice President of Human Resources
Provides strategic direction for compensation and benefits systems across this Christian organization. Evaluates, refines and improves compensation and benefits strategies, policies and systems globally. Leads efforts in optimising technology, customization and innovation in a competitive labor market. Works across multiple locations in global cross-cultural, matrix environments, impacting a staff of nearly 2000 in countries on every continent in the world, including 3rd world countries. Responsible for implementing the approved Human Resources Information System(HRIS) globally. This is a highly visible position within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ. Maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the organization, and faithfully upholds the organizations ministry in prayer.
2. Leads and develops the Compensation and Benefits team to attract and retain the best and brightest talent through competitive compensation and benefit plans.
3. Evaluates benefit programs and recommends creative solutions to meet staff needs and maximize value of benefits provided.
4. Directs the compensation and benefits programs for staff worldwide.
5. Partners with the International Human Resource team to provide direction with international compensation programs(expat, temporary assignments, international transfers etc.)
6. Reviews and manages job evaluation system process.
7. Consults, writes and approves job descriptions.
8. Negotiates competitive healthcare insurance contracts with brokers.
9. Collaborates with the Human Resources team and clients to provide quality compensation and benefits services for a growing organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Experience in human resource management systems related to the disciplines of compensation and benefits
2. Extensive, proven success with the development and execution of global compensation strategy and policies, particularly in developing countries.
3. Strong understanding of global compensation systems and issues.
4. Prior global/international assignments, strongly preferred.
5. High level of maturity that builds credibility with leaders and results in the ability to influence decision makers.
6. Previous experience developing, analyzing and presenting results to Executive team/Board members.
7. Ability to coach and develop team members.
8. Comfortable in a matrix environment
9. Able to travel domestically and internationally 10-20%.
10. Ability to sign a statement of faith and uphold the standards for this well-respected global Christian organization.
Salary not to exceed $80,000.