Would you like to wake up every morning knowing that you work in an environment that reflects your personal values and advances your career goals? If this is
you, Salem Communications Seattle believes you can achieve great things at Christian Teaching and Talk station KGNW 820AM, Business News Talk station KKOL 1300AM, Conservative
talk and Freedom 1590 KLFE!
Position Title: “Live from Seattle” Producer and Board Operator
Company: Salem Communications Corporation is a leading broadcaster of religious programming and informative talk. The company owns and operates commercial radio stations in major markets throughout the Unites States.
Salem is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Requirements and Personality traits:
Salem Communications Seattle is seeking individuals who present an image of respect and professionalism to clients, co-workers and to the public. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge of audio automation systems, phone screener software, audio
boards, audio recording equipment, ISDN and TELCO systems, and remote transmitter monitoring equipment. Candidate must be well organized, a team player and have excellent communication and presentation skills, a positive attitude and a passion for our stations.
- Monitors cluster stations to ensure scheduled audio airs properly and within contractual time frame.
- Quickly responds to any observed automation/programming issues.
- Monitors transmitter status of all stations in cluster and take necessary action to correct any abnormal operation. This includes but is not limited to:
- alerting the Engineering Department of abnormal operation and cooperating with Engineering to quickly resolve the situation
- contacting FAA in the case of tower light outages (KGNW)
- Assists Engineering Department with equipment maintenance/repair when requested and approved by appropriate supervisor
- Assists local programmers with studio set up and operation as well as being available to answer questions regarding the correct operation of equipment. May include but is not limited to:
- Operation of sound board during live programming
- Screening and activating live calls
- Assisting host with preparing in-studio and remote guests for interview
- Some live voice interaction during program
- Editing pre-taped programs
- May be requested to assist with production/operation of station programs within scheduled hours of duty.
Part Time Producer:
- Cooperates with Host and Program Director in developing program content, planning and executing events, and responding to listener comments/questions
- Assists program Host with contacting and scheduling guests
- Assists Programming/Production with creating current show promos
- Assists Operations/Programming in improving/maintaining show quality and content through constructive feedback and suggestions
- Will be responsible for updating Host page on station website and face book page
- Responsible for keeping appropriate staff (i.e. – promotions and sales) informed of upcoming guests and show events such as “Road Show”.
- Other related duties as assigned by Operations Manager
Compensation: D.O.E along with a full benefits package and a positive work environment.
This is a Hourly, Non-Exempt position
Please visit our website at www.salem.cc, Click on Careers and apply online.