The Accounts Payable Clerk supports the general operation of the Finance department by performing a variety of tasks related to accounts payable for CRM; such as issuing checks for financial obligations, processing expense reports, verifying financial data and maintaining accounts payable records. The Accounts Payable Clerk also assists with other accounting functions as needed.
Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks
Distributes signed checks as required
Answers all vendor inquiries
Receives and audits ministry expense reports
Communicates with staff regarding their expense reports
Accurately codes and processes for payment
Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts payable files
Assists corporate officers and personnel as necessary
Prepares cleared checks for storage
Prepares analysis of accounts, as required
Performs filing and coping
Performs other duties as assigned
Independent Contractor Payables
Receives invoices for contractor payments
Ensures appropriate documentation is obtained prior to payment
Prepares 1099 forms at year end
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- High school diploma or equivalent with some college coursework and appropriate level of experience required
- Degree in business or accounting preferred
- Prior experience in accounting required; minimum of one year of office experience in an environment which involves accounting
- Experience in a non-profit setting is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Excel
- Proficient in 10-key
- Good knowledge of accounting principles
- Great communication and problem solving skills
- Solid planning and organizational skills
- Attentive to details and accuracy
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Self-motivated and organized
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to learn and serve
CRM is a Christian non-profit organization. It is therefore required that employees possess the following:
- A reputation of honesty, integrity, gratitude and hospitality in all personal dealings
- An allegiance to Christ and the church
- Affirmation of CRM’s statement of faith, values, vision and purpose.
Before applying, please visit http://www.crmleaders.org/beliefs and http://www.crmleaders.org/mission to learn about CRM’s beliefs and the history, mission and vision of CRM.
Should you have shared values and feel you possess the appropriate qualifications for this position, please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (714) 779-0189, Attention: Staff Relations.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
ControllerOrange County Rescue Mission
- Tustin, California
- October 28
Cheif Financial OfficerOrange County Rescue Mission
- Tustin, California
- October 28
Accounting ClerkCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 27
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Serge
- Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
- October 14
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Church Resource Ministries
CRM exists to develop leaders who will help strengthen and multiply the Church worldwide.
In 1980, CRM was born out of a recognized need to see leaders equipped and empowered for the church. Since then, we have grown into a global community of individuals and teams committed to seeing the good news of Jesus transform the nations.
Today, we have over 450 staff members serving in 30 countries around the globe—in urban, suburban, and rural settings. We seek to live out the primary values of ch More...