This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Web Content Developer & Presentation Designer
The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
Kirkwood, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 02/06/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
POSITION TITLE: Web Content Developer & Presentation Designer
DEPARTMENT/UNIT: World Relief and Human Care
DATE: January, 2008
A. UNIT PROFILE
The Board for Human Care Ministries, to be named, is the Mercy Arm of the LCMS. It is the administrative, programmatic, and evaluative arm of the Synod for Human Care matters within the U.S. and overseeing the program of the LCMS World Relief. The mission of the Church through LCMS World Relief/Human Care is to reach out in mercy and compassion to those in need, motivated by and in the clear name of Christ and his gospel, and according to the beautiful Lutheran confession of the faith.
B. PRINCIPAL FUNCTION
This position is responsible for developing, designing and maintaining both the website and PowerPoint presentations for WRHC and staff. This position will also include development of other electronic media resources for WRHC Foundation.
C. POSITION RELATIONSHIPS
1. Reports to the Director of Communication Services for World Relief and Human Care
2. Works directly with the Executive Director, Associate Executive Director, directors and managers and Synods Communications staff.
3. Interact with other WRHC staff.
4. Work relationships will also include other Synodical departments, entities and partners as they relate to specific projects.
D. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop, design and maintain the WRHC and ancillary websites.
2. Develop, design and maintain WRHC PowerPoint presentations.
3. Work with WRHC staff to assess website needs and resources.
4. Work with LCMS Communications and Concordia Technologies staff to assure compliance with Synods communications policies.
5. Responsible for web content development and management.
6. Shoot digital video for use on web; prepare, submit, monitor, and maintain media content (text, images, slideshows, audio and video clips) on tight deadlines for WRHC and ancillary websites.
7. Produce/edit video and graphics, as well as audio packages and streaming content.
8. Work on both PC and MAC platforms.
9. Works with LCMS Foundation staff to develop electronic media resources for our donors.
10. Maintain a cooperative relationship with WRHC contract web developers.
E. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
1. Supportive of the Synods Constitution, Bylaws and policies.
2. Bachelors degree in communications or equivalent.
3. Three to five years of experience in internet and New Media production, content management, and web design.
4. Knowledge of digital media production skills in audio and video, plus experience with the following: Pro Tools audio, Final Cut video, Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, HDV shooting, and FTP software.
5. News writing, reporting, and/or copy editing experiences is a plus.
6. Must understand the ministries of WRHC partners.
7. Available to travel up to 10% of the time.
F. POSITION APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. In order to be considered for this position, all candidates must submit a resume with live web links that demonstrate how the candidate contributed significantly to the conception, usability, and execution of sites.
2. Candidates should also submit a brief demo reel or samples showcasing video and audio skills in a news/informational environment.
Interested? Please forward resume with cover letter and salary history to The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod, Department of Human Resources, 1333 S. Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, Missouri, 63122. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax to 314.996.1121.