This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Business Intelligence Consultants - Analytics, Reporting and SQL Server
Extended Results, INc.
Bellevue, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 02/27/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
Candidates will be responsible for selling and leading full-life cycle projects implementing business intelligence and other technologies to meet our clients information needs. In addition, this person would be responsible for working management to develop a strategy for building out our BI practice local and nationality. This will include alliance relationship strategy execution, and the hiring of competent consultants to serve our clients.
The position requires a broad business perspective and a willingness to step into several roles. The role is primarily client-facing, structuring projects, staffing them from both local and national resource pools, and managing projects. The position entails the leading of pursuits at prospects and existing clients, and working with alliance partners, like Microsoft, to enhance our visibility and to uncover opportunities at prospects. Activities will also include working with our business development professionals and marketing to support the generation of new leads through marketing campaigns and events.
We are looking for a very experienced SQL Developer to play a key role in our client engagements. SQL Developer/DBA to design, specify and build databases from scratch. Applicants must be self-motivated and comfortable working in cross-functional teams as well as being, organized and detail oriented, able to meet deadlines and be dedicated to creating extraordinary products. The ideal candidate must be highly proficient in SQL development with significant experience working on scalable database-driven applications. The SQL Developer will take the completed functional and architectural specifications and other requirements and develop an application that meets business objectives. The developer will be required to perform unit testing and provide supporting development documentation.
- Possess 1-2 years of credible business experience, preferably in management consulting or equivalent multi-client consulting environment, with balanced skills in general problem solving, concept development, and project leadership.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, communication and customer-facing skills.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in Microsoft Business Intelligence designing, creating and maintaining Analysis Services cubes.
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in Microsoft SQL Server designing, creating and maintaining Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouses and SQL Stars.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in using MDX and SQL.
- Strong understanding of core ETL architectural principles such as modularity, restartability, parallelization, and table driven business rules.
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience with SQL Server 2005 ,
- Experience in VB or C# is beneficial.
- Microsoft SQL Server certifications a plus (i.e. MCDBA, MCAD, MCSD, MCSE, etc.).
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field or related work experience.
- Microsoft PerformancePoint Server 2007 a plus
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services a plus
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services a plus
- Microsoft Project (1-2 years experience)