This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Quality Assurance (QA) Test Lead
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
Date Posted: 02/18/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Quality Assurance (QA) Test Lead
We are looking for an individual with strong QA background to lead the QA initiatives for our application. This qualified individual will coordinate testing, track completion, manage defects, maintain test designs, tests, and be involved in all testing including UAT (User Acceptance Testing). This is a unique opportunity to enjoy challenging work with a great group of technical professionals in a booming industry. If you are an energetic, passionate, and a positive professional who believes in customer satisfaction and getting the job done right, please apply.
What you will be doing:
* Perform manual testing on web applications
* Develop test plans, test cases, and scripts
* Gather requirements and provide documentation
* Managing QA Process and working with BAs, developers, and other project members.
* Coordinate testing, track completion, manage defects, and maintain test designs
Required Skills for this position:
* Web browser experience
* Strong planning, organization & communication skills
* Excellent time management skills
* Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
* Quality Assurance Testing experience (minimum 1 year)
* Experience developing test plans, test cases and scripts
* Experience with web applications
* Complete fluency in English
* Experience working in Agile Methodologies
Desired Skills for this position:
* Understanding of HTML and programming language(s) is a major plus
* Ability to query databases using SQL is a major plus
* Knowledge of Defect Tracking tool Trac
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a high-tech company with headquarters in Langley, British Columbia. Yaaway is an online video sharing community and social network with a unique focus on the spiritual side of life.