This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Direct Marketing Copywriter/Project Manager
Phoenix Metro Area, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 05/16/2006
Categories: Marketing/Public Relations
Job Type: Full-Time
To contribute to the fulfillment of Christs Great Commission among the worlds 1.2 billion Muslims by facilitating, encouraging, and affirming the charitable interests of FRONTIERS financial partners, prayer partners, other friends, and prospective partners. To bring glory to God by communicating His faithfulness through the lives, witness, and sacrifice of Muslim-background believers, FRONTIERS missionaries, and others involved in church planting among Muslims. To participate in recruiting, training, sending, and serving church planters by raising funds for FRONTIERS.
1. Tell the story of Gods work among unreached Muslims through attractive, compelling, and effective direct marketing pieces to donors and prospective donors, including direct mail, mass emails, web pages, and other media.
2. As a senior member of the Development team, participate in overall development planning, including the annual direct marketing calendar, major gift strategy, the events calendar, and other development functions.
3. In partnership with the Director of Development, plan and implement the annual direct marketing calendar. This includes all communications, including direct mail appeals to the in-house donor file, donor service pieces, project reports, donor cultivation, donor acquisition appeals, and planned giving promotional letters.
4. In partnership with field workers and project directors, identify and develop direct marketing cause concepts that offer potential for strong direct marketing response.
5. Identify specific donor audiences for each direct marketing cause concept; develop related selection criteria for identification of donors.
6. Draft direct marketing appeals for selected cause concepts and donor segments. Develop appropriate segmentation strategies based upon recency, frequency, designation, or gift size.
7. Develop direct mail packages for selected cause concepts and donor segments. This includes choice of paper, font, carrier envelope, response options and mechanisms, postage, teaser, level of personalization, and other package elements.
8. Participate in the execution of direct marketing tactics. The position requires vigilance to assure timely and accurate execution of all marketing efforts.
9. In partnership with the Director of Development and contractors, develop and implement FRONTIERS donor acquisition strategy. This includes all aspects of direct marketing strategy and measurement described above.
10. Maintain, organize, and expand FRONTIERS archives of stories, photos, graphics and other media.
11. Assist in writing, editing, or reviewing books and other materials for FRONTIERS 25th Anniversary.
12. Plan use of stories, graphics and photos, in conjunction with other Development staff and vendors, for receipt letters, FRONTLINES newsletter, project reports, ministry website, mass emails, and other vehicles.
13. As required, some international travel to FRONTIERS field locations in the Muslim world for the purpose of research, writing, and reporting.
14. Travel experience to the Muslim world, ministry experience to Muslims, and a passion to reach Muslims are very beneficial.
15. Other responsibilities as assigned.