Bookkeeper/Office Manager Responsibilities
Hannah’s Home of South Florida provides a safe and loving Christian environment for single pregnant young women. Through counseling, life skills, and continuing education, we offer hope and transform lives.
The Bookkeeper/Office Manager will perform all bookkeeping functions and report to the Executive Director and the Treasurer on a monthly basis and perform daily office related functions to assist the Executive Director in running the office.
The Bookkeeper/Office Manager will:
- Have an Associate Degree in accounting with at least two years’ experience working with non-profit.
- Demonstrate integrity, maturity and sound judgment.
- Be a person of proven leadership.
- Capable of working closely with senior management
- Have a clean driving record and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Agree with the principles of Hannah’s Home, including the sanctity of the unborn life, that every child is a blessing and that each young women who enters Hannah’s Home has a future and a home that God has promised her.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of Donor Perfect (preferred, not required).
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or similar software (preferred, not required).
- Capable of preparing monthly statements and performing account reconciliations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exhibits Christian lifestyle and is willing to sign the statement of faith.
The Bookkeeper/Office Manager will assist the Executive Director and Treasurer as required.
The position will perform the following duties:
- Provide monthly financial statements and submit to the ED and Treasurer.
- Maintain internal accounting controls.
- Develop a comprehensive annual budget for each fiscal year to be used for grant purposes.
- Develop and an update a comprehensive 90 day not to exceed budget and submit to the ED and Treasurer quarterly.
- Provide a monthly variance analysis (Actual to Budget) and submit to the ED and Treasurer
- Assist in the procurement of grants.
- Maintain weekly bill payments and the recording of donor receipts.
- Maintain the Donor Perfect software system.
- Provide support in donor procurement.
- Reconcile the bank statement and maintain detail support for general ledger accounts.
- Meet with the Treasurer and ED to review operating results.
- Maintain QuickBooks or similar software.
- Coordinate monthly payroll and payroll reports with CPA
- Meet quarterly with the Treasurer and ED and attend Board meetings as requested.
- Prepare and submit to the Treasurer the year end financials and reports.
- Provide reports to Treasurer for annual donor substantiating letter and assist Treasurer with the letters.
- Coordinate with CPA as to complete IRS Form 990.
- Prepare annual Florida Department of Agricultural and Consumer Services Report.
- Help with any other duties to assist the Treasurer.
- Assist in other office related projects.
- Assist with fund raising events throughout the year.
- Assit with writing quarterly newsletter.
- Other duties to be determined.
Part Time Position:
- 32 hours per week performed in office with times and days worked to be determined.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 561-277-9823 if you are interested.