- Embraces James 1:27, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.”
- Minimum BA degree in marketing or 3 years of experience in the field of non-profit marketing.
- Ability to plan, schedule, manage and delegate.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff, public and media.
- Strong computer skills; Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe.
- Experience with VOCUS or other PR software
- Experience in working with the media.
- Graphic design experience is helpful.
Your responsibilities will include but not necessarily be limited to:
- Be an advocate and ambassador for Watoto Child Care Ministries.
- Raise awareness and support for Watoto. Influencing and challenging people to become involved in the rescue of parentless children in Uganda.
- Work with other departments to maximize their effectiveness as far as marketing is concerned, specifically, Choir, Visit Watoto and Sponsorship.
- Create/review all outgoing communications such as, but not limited to, press releases, newsletters, and donor relation letters.
- Implement and adapt marketing campaigns that we receive from the Uganda Communications office to be effective in the USA.
- Develop region specific campaigns to increase support for Watoto and brand recognition with sign-off from the Watoto Uganda Communications office and Executive Director.
- Implement and grow the Watoto Ambassador program in the US. Provide tools and resources for individuals who want to raise funds and awareness for Watoto.
- Ensure branding integrity throughout the US operations.
- Handle incoming calls relating to public and media relations.
- Update and monitor Watoto US social media on a regular basis
- Prepare monthly reports on all media coverage, positive and negative, and send to relevant departments, US Executive Director and UG Communications Director.
- Be a team player in the office.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
This position will be based out of our home office at 258 Crystal Grove Blvd, Lutz FL.
This position may require work outside of regular office hours.
This position may require domestic and international travel.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Video ProducerChurch Initiative
- Wake Forest, North Carolina
- September 23
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Morning Star Church - Video ProductionVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 6
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Watoto Child Care Ministry, Inc
Watoto is a holistic child care ministry birthed out of a local church in Kampala, Uganda. It was initiated as a response to the growing number of orphans and vulnerable children in Uganda. Watoto provides physical, educational, spiritual and emotional care for vulnerable children. Currently, Watoto is caring for approximately 1,800 orphans in Uganda. More...