An interdenominational, nonprofit organization, The Navigators is dedicated to helping people navigate spiritually, to know Christ and to make Him known as they look to Him and His Word to chart their lives. Our ultimate goal is to equip them to fulfill 2 Timothy 2:2—to teach what they have learned to others.
The general purpose for this position is to cultivate and solicit major gifts for The Navigators’ National Priorities and Projects, Missions, and the General Fund. The main role will be to secure gifts through initiation, cultivation, solicitation, and appreciation of current and prospective major donors. Primary emphasis is on individuals and foundations capable of making annual gifts of
$5,000+. This position is also responsible for developing a portfolio of new major donors. The Navigators are located in Colorado Springs, CO, this position is able to work from a remote location.
- Lives out a deep, personal and daily relationship with Jesus Christ which reflects and represents The Navigators’ ministry and values.
- Embraces development as a ministry to donors with purposeful intent to be deeply involved in donors’ lives and to discover and cultivate donors’ philanthropic interests.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of The Navigators’ history, values, ministries, vision, and strategic objectives and be able to communicate these knowledgeably, credibly and enthusiastically with major donors and other Navigator constituencies.
- Works collaboratively with direct mail, teleministry, staff funding, Gift Planning, and donor research/moves management departments to identify and pursue prospective major donors.
- Works with a spirit of cooperation and partnership with national and regional field/mission leaders to:
- Identify and shape marketable field projects;
- Cultivate prospective major donors primary to field staff;
- Accompany national and regional leaders to present projects and funding requests;
- Provide training in major donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts of $5,000 or more annually.
- Develop an annual moves management plan to engage with and cultivate a portfolio of new major donors.
- Recruit donors to attend Ministry Events, Mission Conferences, Vision Trips, etc. to expose and engage donors with Navigator ministries.
- Coordinate and host 2 regional ministry briefings per year with the U.S Director and appropriate mission leaders and staff.
- Participate in and contribute to development department and ministry advancement coordination and strategy meetings.
- Proven experience and demonstrated success in mid-level and/or major donor development or related business experience.
- A strong motivation and inclination toward initiation, cultivation, solicitation and follow-through of donor development and donor ministry.
- Self-motivated, disciplined work ethic, ability to think strategically, and handle multiple priorities.
- Professional demeanor, excellent interpersonal and public communications skills.
- Average travel expected about 40%.
- Belief and adherence to the Statement of Faith and Mission of the Navigators.
- Past personal experience with The Navigator ministry is a plus.
To submit a cover letter and resume please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job title in subject line.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Manager of Digital GivingAmerican Bible Society
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4