Come make a positive difference in the lives of children. The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette, The area’s largest non-profit childcare provider, is seeking a Teacher for the Orchards Child Development Center in Vancouver, Washington. This charming facility offers
children and families affordable, quality child care by developing meaningful relationships and a constructive learning environment. The YMCA is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our purpose and
mission. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Plan and implement a safe, developmentally appropriate classroom environment for children.
The lead teacher is a child care staff person who is in charge of a child or group of children and implements the activity program.
20 credit hours in Education or related field or at least 1 year of experience in a licensed child care/school facility.
Current CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
WA food handler’s certificate or ability to obtain within 14 days of hire.
18 yrs of age
Pass Dept. Early Learning portable background check
Demonstrate the appropriate personal characteristics for working with children
Have completed a high school education or the equivalent
Complete required 20 hours of STARS training within six months of becoming a lead teacher.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work
- Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families
- Ability to communicate well with children, staff and parents.
- Sense of humor, positive attitude and fairness.
- Ability to work independent as well as create and lead work teams.
- Ability and willingness to obtain and keep current CPR/First Aid certifications.
- Ability and willingness to perform any and all jobs in the program.
- Ability and willingness to participate in 10 hours of WA STARS approved training annually.
- Ability to sit on floor or child sized chair, stand for 1 hour periods, occasionally lift 50 lbs. and crouch for 15 minutes.
- Ability to multi task.
How to Apply
Visit the Career page on at http://ymcacw.org/careers/program-center-director to read more about this postion and download an application. Submit completed application, cover letter and resume to:
10401 NE 4th Plain Rd
Vancouver, WA 98662
YMCA Mission: To put the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Why the Y?
The YMCA offers and enriching environment with training opportunities and employee development.
Free family membership
Medical and Dental Benefits
Paid time off
Training and Career development