Outreach Communities Ministries, Inc. (OCM)
Campaign Director/Major Gift Officer
Outreach Community Ministries, Inc. (OCM or Outreach) and its partner churches are dedicated to putting this mission into action by providing a full range of charitable, educational, religious and community development activities. These activities help
people and the communities they live in realize their God-given potential as uniquely gifted individuals, in their family and community relationships, and in the relationship that they can have with God through faith in Jesus Christ.
OCM has provided more than 30 years of continuous service to the people of Central-Western DuPage County. The original organization, Wheaton Youth Outreach (WYO), was formed in 1971 by a coalition of local clergy concerned about teenagers and families in distress. Since then, the organization has grown from a few foster care homes for teenage boys into the myriad of programs we now offer from sites in Wheaton, Warrenville and Carol Stream. Since Chris Ellerman, CEO, signed on as the agency’s only employee in 1977, Outreach has grown to a staff of over 80 full and part-time employees and over 600 active volunteers. The philosophy of ministry includes a commitment to neighborhood and community-based services, and a strong commitment to develop and provide services within these communities as long as there are unmet needs requiring creative responses.
As a key member of the Outreach Community Ministries Resource Development team, and reporting to the Vice President of Resource Development, the Campaign Director/Major Gift Officer will be responsible for leveraging the resources, talents and skills of the philanthropic community in DuPage County, IL to fulfill the agency’s capital campaign and annual fund strategic goals. This position will also serve as lead Major Gifts Officer for Outreach Community Ministries when the organization is not engaged in an active Campaign.
The Qualified Candidate
Outreach Community Ministries seeks an innovative, entrepreneurial and seasoned fundraising professional with at least 5-7 years of experience in Development, including progressive experience in Individual Giving and Campaign leadership for a faith-based organization.
S/he will have a demonstrated record of successfully closing personal solicitations and working successfully with Boards and Committees on peer to peer solicitation strategy and implementation. S/he will be an energetic, natural leader who is passionate and committed to the full mission and vision of OCM. Involvement in the West Suburban philanthropic community and familiarity with nearby church communities/networks will be helpful.
This new position will be filled with an energetic and dynamic fundraiser with a strong appreciation for OCM’s mission and ministry and a commitment to OCM’s Statement of Christian Mission and Faith. S/he will bring a demonstrated and proven success in generating revenue from individuals, managing campaigns, working effectively with Boards and committees and managing both the strategic and implementation aspects of a campaign while being a confident and effective solicitor. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the philanthropic climate in DuPage County (or be familiar with similar communities and can immerse and engage quickly) and will have previous work experience at a complex organization with multiple sites, programs and Boards.
Specific Requirements Include:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience in Development with a concentration in Campaign Leadership and Individual Giving (Major Gifts)
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to the faith-based mission of Outreach Community Ministries
- Proven ability to build strong external relationships with a variety of volunteers, faith organizations, public leadership, partner organizations and other stakeholders
- Track record of success in meeting and exceeding fundraising goals, including experience with securing 5 and 6-figure gifts from individuals
- Track record in developing strategies to successfully increase revenue
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the active involvement in and the leadership for major fund raising initiatives and events
- Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans, and translate those plans into goals and concrete strategies
- Career track record that shows stability with an organization and capacity to develop and nurture relationships culminating in overall success
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to serve as an advocate/spokesperson for the organization
- Team player who can give and take advice and support in order to ensure the fulfillment of the OCM mission
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative problem solver, and strong collaborator
- Strong and efficient use of Microsoft Office Suite products; knowledge of Raiser’s Edge system is a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, and CFRE or other relevant advanced certification or education is preferred.
This position offers a competitive salary with generous benefits. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Outreach Community Ministries is a Christian, interdenominational, community service organization and will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law. OCM, Inc. reserves the right to make faith-based hiring decisions as permitted under Title VII (42 U.S.C. Section 2000e – 1(a)
This search is being managed by Laura Weinman, Senior Consultant and Heather Eddy, CFRE, President and CEO of Alford Executive Search. To apply, candidates must complete the online application at http://alfordexecutivesearch.applicantstack.com/x/openings and thereon submit their cover letter and resume. To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. Questions may be addressed to Ms. Weinman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alford Executive Search (www.alfordexecutivesearch.com), a division of KEES, is a retained search firm dedicated to providing recruitment services of exceptional quality and strengthening the not-for-profit community through professional staffing solutions.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Kistner Eddy Executive Services (KEES)
KEES (Kistner Eddy Executive Services, Inc.) offers tools to strengthen your organization, thereby strengthening the communities in which we work, live, and play. Our services are designed to provide multiple inputs to strengthen and transform your leadership (Board and Staff) and the multiple levels of staff/associates that carry out your mission on a daily basis. We serve your leadership and Human Resources needs – including consultation, succession planning, executive recruiting and interim staffing.More...