Primary Role – Shipping Manager Responsibilities:
- Work with our LTL trucking partners and brokers (hourly/daily) to negotiate shipping rates.
- Must have a strong knowledge and be able to determine class and NMFC for our products.
- Ability to negotiate “re-class” or “re-weights” with freight companies
- Schedule shipment pickup date/time at our location and several other distributor locations.
- Create BOL and communicate ship schedule with warehouse team.
- Track open purchase orders that shipped from our distributor partners.
- Email our clients that their order has shipped and provide tracking information.
- Add client tracking details to the office sales system.
- Manage daily inventory tracking sheet for new orders, shipped orders and incoming containers from Asian factories.
- Assist in preparing orders if necessary.
Secondary Role – Inventory Manager / Sales Team Support:
- Weekly and quarterly physical inventory counts.
- Update system with inventory counts.
- Interface with sales team related to inventory and future arrivals.
- Manage the system for customer inventory holds.
Required Skills: (Candidates must possess ALL of the skills below to be considered)
- Great Attitude. You know if you have one. Your attitude is the most critical variable we will consider.
- LTL experience (quoting, class calculation, knowledge)
- Strong English speaking skills
- Spanish writing and speaking skills would be nice but not required.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of the following industry terms: BOL, LTL, PRO, AWB, CLASS, NMFC
- 2 years of experience as a shipping manager or related position.
- Strong ability to analyze and negotiate.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Business Teachers in Asia (No Teaching Experience Required)Academics In Asia
- China, China
- December 2
Administrative Assistant - Ground CoordinatorHigh Point
- Dallas, Texas
- November 28
Administrative AssistantHigh Point
- Dallas, Texas
- November 10
The Chiavari Chair Company
The Chiavari Chair Company is a distributor of event equipment products. We have sold over 650,000 event equipment products to clients in 49 states in the USA, 7 provinces in Canada and 40 countries worldwide. More...