This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Head Coach - Women's Basketball
Trinity Western University
Langley, British Columbia, Canada
Date Posted: 02/23/2007
Job Type: Full-Time
Trinity Western University offers a unique opportunity for you, as a committed evangelical Christian, to pursue your career in an atmosphere that embraces these beliefs and lifestyle daily. We invite you to join our mission-driven environment and positively contribute to the advancement of our shared faith and convictions in this position.
Position Title: Head Coach - Womens Basketball
This coaching position is responsible for the development of the Womens Basketball program and coaching of the athletes in the program. It is guided by the established guidelines, policies and procedures of Trinity Western University Spartan Athletics, the CIS (Canadian Interuniversity Sport) and the CWUAA (Canada West Universities Athletic Association).
Duties & Responsibilities
The position also requires managing all aspects of the programs administration, including overall vision, spiritual encouragement, athlete recruitment, budget preparation and control, fundraising, scheduling of games and practices, inventory control, and oversight of appropriate support personnel (Assistant Coaches, team managers, etc.)
1. Team Leadership: Responsible to provide leadership to on-going development and growth of the athletes and the program through coaching and program coordination, planning, evaluation, and implementation.
2. Recruitment: Responsible to scout high school student and other athletes; develops and follows up recruiting pools and networks; markets TWU to recruits; As well, acts as a liaison with Enrolment Services and Admissions for entry of student athletes into the TWU community.
3. Teaching: Responsible for teaching motor and life skills and physical activity programs with regular practice, reinforcement, and feedback.
4. Collaborative Partnership Building: Responsible for developing alumni relations and communications, working with appropriate departments, other coaches and other assistant coaches.
a. Responsible to establish and maintain university and team guidelines, expectations and rule of conduct for the student athlete program. Personally supports and exemplifies University guidelines and standards.
b. Responsible to work cooperatively with Athletics administrators in game and practice scheduling; facilities management; and travel planning;
5. Fiscal Accountability: Responsible for budget preparation and control. Includes some fundraising, managing exhibition travel planning, purchasing specialized equipment and uniforms.
6. Team Support & Administration: Responsible for administrative duties, record keeping and day-to-day athletic and administrative details of the assigned program. This includes checking eligibility sheets, SOIS data entry, SRQ testing and results monitoring. Coordinates arranging flights, ground transportation, meal money and hotel accommodations as well as any required additional bookings - for exhibition games only.
7. Stewardship of program: Responsible to up-hold proper training techniques, physiological preparation, injury prevention, proper equipment, safe facilities, and adequate certification of all coaching staff, and managers.
8. Servant-leader way of life: Responsible for acting in a manner that exemplifies Jesus Christ in all on and off campus contacts thereby living out the servant leadership mission of the university and contributing effectively towards achieving the institutional and Kingdom goals of the organization.
Given: Assistant Coach, Team Manager, Student Athletes
Received: Director of Athletics
Job Standards & Requirements
Education: Minimum requirements include a Bachelors degree - Masters Preferred, National Coaching Certification Program Level III, class IV BC Drivers License or equivalent.
Experience: 5-7 years of coaching experience at the university or equivalent level.
Skills & Abilities: Demonstrated skills and knowledge in elite level sport, superior interpersonal skills, organizational, leadership, coaching, and technical skills are required. Ability to work easily with students, parents, faculty, staff, administration and members of the media with excellent communication skills.
Personal Warm-hearted, dedicated, committed and mature evangelical Christian with a keen desire to serve in family, church, work and community. A firm commitment to TWUs mission, Statement of Faith and Responsibilities of Membership. Impeccable character and reputation, a pleasant personality with a positive and friendly attitude in the midst of a very busy and challenging university atmosphere.
Duties and responsibilities that do not constitute a major change may be added, deleted or changed at anytime at the discretion of the supervisor either orally or in writing.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. However, in accordance with Canadian government immigration regulations, this advertisement is directed, in the first instance, to Canadian citizens and permanent residents who will be given priority.
Applications accept only online at www.twu.ca/divisions/hr