The Provision Ministry Group is a family of non-profit ministries serving Christian churches and ministries across the United States and around the world. Provision's corporate headquarters is located in Irvine, CA and was established in 2003 to provide
direction, leadership and support services to a growing family of ministries that began with Church Development Fund in 1953.
Today the “Ministry Partners” in the Provision Ministry Group provide financial resources, management services and leadership support through investment options, church loans, new church planting, legacy church guidance, donor advised funds, church staffing,
real estate services, construction consultation, master planning and church site design. We invite you to explore our website at
www.provision.org and learn more about Provision.
About the Position:
The Financial Reporting Supervisor is an integral part of our accounting team. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this position oversees several accountants and Financial Reporting for our family of ministries.
- Supervise the month-end close process for Provision Ministry Group and its subsidiaries including review and approval of journal entries, general accounting and financial reporting, account reconciliation and analysis.
- Lead Corporate Reporting Team in compilation of Annual Operating Plans for Provision Ministry Group and its subsidiaries.
- Assist the Corporate Controller in providing the Board and Management with necessary financial and operating information.
- Adhere to company and corporate policies and procedures, and coordinate, develop and update written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
- Research and resolve accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure US GAAP compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring any appropriate tax returns have been filed accurately with the appropriate state and federal governments.
- Supervise the preparation of both internal and external audit schedules and supporting documentation requests for Provision Ministry Group and its subsidiaries.
- Serve as fiduciary for Charitable Trusts of the Organization.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- A living, vital faith in Jesus Christ
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA license
- Minimum five years accounting experience, including consolidation experience, either in a mid- or large-sized company with increasing responsibilities and supervisory experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency using Word, Excel and accounting information systems
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Detail-focused and the ability to meet deadlines maintaining the highest quality, reliability and accuracy
- Action and team oriented
- Great Plains accounting software experience
- Experience in cost accounting and/or fund accounting
- Background in nonprofit and/or financial services industries
This position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, bending, and stooping in the performance of daily office activities. It also requires grasping, repetitive hand movements and fine coordination in providing financial
reports and data using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position requires near vision in reading computer. Hearing is required when communicating by phone and/or in person. The need to lift, draft, and push files, paper and documents weighing up to
25 pounds is also required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel
Provision is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v