This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
First Presbyterian Church-Eureka
Eureka, California, United States
Date Posted: 03/18/2008
Job Type: Full-Time
First Presbyterian Church of Eureka, CA, is seeking a full time Youth Director. First Presbyterian is located in the scenic, oceanside city of Eureka in Northern California and has a congregation of approximately 250 active members. The church has recently undergone a major building renovation, including the construction of a new gymnasium and new youth facilities, and is looking forward to experiencing new growth in all areas, but especially in its youth programs.
The duties of the Youth Director will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Develop youth programs for youth from middle school through high school.
2. However, the Youth Director is also expected to help coordinate childrens activities with the Childrens Ministry Coordinator and the CYM elder of Session.
3. The Youth Director will plan weekly activities for youth, which may include mid-week Bible study/small groups, and Sunday School activities.
4. The Youth Director will be an active participant and planner of Vacation Bible School.
5. In addition, other yearly activities will include, but not be limited to, a mission trip during Easter Break, periodic overnight trips which may be coordinated with other area youth pastors.
6. The Youth Director will have an active campus outreach with local middle schools and high schools.
7. The Youth Director will be encouraged to develop a community youth outreach program, which may include an open gym for basketball and other sports and outdoor recreation, utilizing the natural beauty of our surroundings.
1. Experience in working with middle-school through high school students;
2. A strong commitment to, and evidence of, a Christian lifestyle;
3. A college degree in a related area (ministry or religious studies, etc.)
The salary package will include:
A starting salary range of $28,000 to $32,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
$200/month allowance for health insurance.
$100/month (accountable) expenses, such as mileage reimbursement
Vacation will accrue at 1 day per month commencing the seventh month of employment
Moving and travel expenses to be negotiated
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Steve Hamon, Personnel Chair
First Presbyterian Church
819 15th Street
Eureka, CA 95501