Reports to: Executive Director
Position Hours: 40/week
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Required Travel: 50%, regular domestic and Rwanda travel
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000
The Director of Development will be accountable for the overall fundraising and engagement strategy for donors, businesses and church partners. Their efforts will both expand Africa New Life Ministries’ (ANLM) sphere of influence and empower current donors and partners to connect their resources more personally to the mission in Rwanda.
This individual will bring leadership, vision and strategy to ANLM’s fundraising, engagement and marketing efforts including donor meetings, fundraising events, church partnerships, radio-thons, marketing campaigns and communication strategies. The Director of Development will be accountable for raising $3 million and 850 new sponsorships in Fiscal Year 2015.
The Director of Development will both oversee a small team of employees. Together with direct reports and Leadership Team members, they will cultivate new relationships to increase ANLM’s visibility, impact and financial stewardship. He or she will be personally responsible for the advancement of a group of major donors and partners.
- Maintain physical and spiritual health.
- Create and manage an engagement strategy for current high capacity donors, businesses, church partners and radio station leaders.
- Create and implement a tiered engagement system to care for donors and partners
- Facilitate donors and partners relations, connecting them with the best ANLM representative
- Cultivate, solicit and steward major gift prospects in their individual portfolio
- Develop an annual cohesive fundraising strategy to include donor relations, communication, marketing, radio-thons, church partnership, and more.
- Create organization-wide fundraising strategy and advise development team
- Make strategic decisions to ensure achievement of annual goals
- Collaborate with ANLM’s marketing agency and development team to create marketing and communication plan for current donors and partners
- Develop high quality marketing materials and communication pieces, with assistance of ANLM’s marketing agency
- Maintain relationship with radio-thon partners
- Oversee and direct a development team of four in various locations.
- Assign relationships and partners, as appropriate
- Coach staff on development strategies and sustainability
- Lead vision trips to Rwanda annually.
- Recruit high capacity donors, businesses and partners for vision trip to Rwanda
- Lead team of high capacity donors, businesses and partners on the ground in Rwanda
Works Directly With: Director of Strategic Partnerships, Executive Director, Director of Programs, Director of Operations & Team Trips
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university required, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of five years fundraising experience: developing, implementing and managing comprehensive fundraising programs
- Agree with Africa New Life’s Statement of Faith*
- Demonstrated success in development and strategic planning
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple donor relationships simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in marketing planning, strategy and implementation
- Management experience required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven creativity in developing new fundraising activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Cross-cultural experience preferred
- National and international travel approximately 50%
- Valid driver’s license and transportation to travel locally
A successful Director of Development will increase the number of donors, advocates, partners and ongoing donations for Africa New Life.
- Meet overall FY 2015 fundraising goals of $3 million; responsible primarily for funds raised outside of child sponsorship
- 850 new child sponsorships
- Raise annual goal for personal portfolio through donor meetings and church relations
- Increased number of major donors and partners
- Improved organizational communication stream
All team members of Africa New Life are catalytic leaders who love others first and approach life with positivity and optimism.
*Africa New Life Statement of Faith
We believe that the Holy Scripture is God’s own word, written by men as the Holy Spirit inspired them to write. It is an infallible record of God’s self-disclosure to mankind. The Scriptures are the authoritative and normative rule and guide of all Christian life, practice, and doctrine (2 Peter 1: 20 –21; 2 Timothy 16-17).
We believe that there is but one God, eternal, infinite, perfect, and unchangeable. God is one in His essential being, but in this one being there are three persons, called, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Gen. 1:26; 11:7; Matt. 28:19; Like 3:21, 22; John 14 -16).
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is God. He became man when conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary (Isaiah 7:14; Matt. 1:18) in order that He might redeem the sinful man. Christ became man without ceasing to be God. Christ redeemed man by voluntarily giving himself as a sinless substitutionary sacrifice on the cross, to satisfy God’s judgment against sin. (Matt. 20:28; John 1: 29; Rom 3:25).
We believe that the Holy Spirit is the giver of life, convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment (John 16. 8-11). Through the proclamation of the Gospel He persuades men to repent of their sins and confess Jesus as Lord. He gives birth to new life and dwells in the life of the regenerate (John 3:5-6). The Holy Spirit has come to glorify the Son, who in turn came to glorify the Father. He leads the believer into understanding and applying the truth of God’s word (John 14:15-17, 25, 26).
We believe that the Holy Spirit is the active agent in our sanctification and seeks to produce his fruit in us (Gal. 5: 5:22-23). Though indwelling sin remains a reality, the Spirit of God comes to lead to the knowledge of the Lord. In addition to regeneration and sanctification, the Holy Spirit also empowers believers to serve the body of Jesus Christ. While all believers are indwelt by the Holy Spirit at conversion, the scriptures clearly show the going empowering of the Spirit.
We believe that one is saved by grace of God and not by character, law or good works. The death and resurrection of Christ are adequate for salvation of all and offered to all. However, salvation is appropriated only by faith in Christ. Those who repent and believe in Christ as Savior and Lord are born again, adopted into the family of God, and receive the gift of eternal life. (John 3:16; Romans 3:21-25).
We believe that the same Jesus who ascended to heaven (Acts 1:9-11) will return and establish his new kingdom on earth forever.
Accepting applications until November 21st. Both cover letter and resume required for submission to be reveiwed. Please address the following questions in cover letter:
- Where have you provided catalytic leadership in the nonprofit or for-profit world and seen strategic growth as a result?
- Describe your philosophy for fundraising.
- Give an example of a time when you’ve developed a new marketing or fundraising or sales strategy that has been successful.
- Describe how you have motivated and led a team of fundraising or sales professionals to reach organizational goals.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Director of Children's MinistryStonebridge Church
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- September 20
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Worship LeaderPilgrim Church
- Port Charlotte, Florida
- September 14
Africa New Life Ministries
Africa New Life exists to break the cycle of poverty in Rwanda by providing education, spiritual insight and basic necessities to poor children and families. Since 2001, Africa New Life has shared the gospel using two hands: the hand of compassion—helping to meet basic needs and give hope for the future to those living in poverty in Rwanda—and the hand of evangelism—sharing the freedom and hope found in Christ. More...