South Cypress (southcypress.com) is an e-commerce flooring brokerage firm with a focus on providing an industry leading customer experience through innovation, communication and quality. Located in Birmingham, AL and a third-generation family
business, South Cypress is built with a culture of passionate people that are lead by 2 distinctive pursuits: 1) intense focus on a unique customer experience 2) provide a place for employees to grow personally and professionally. Company culture in one sentence:
Smart, energetic people that embrace that attitude of humility, opportunity and fun.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with a small team
- Git DVCS
- HTML, CSS, JS
- JS Framework with emphasis on Foundation
- PHP, MySQL
- Adobe Suites
- Agile Methodology
- (Optional) Experience with Netsuite
- UI Web Design
- UI Web Coding
- Light Server Side Coding
- Light Database Management
- Git Repository Management
Day in the Life
UI Developers fill the middle ground by combining both design sensibilities and technical skills together. They are skilled at making something both look good and function in a browser/device at the same time. They have the production skills to be able to
produce visual designs in Photoshop and then turn them into HTML code that deals with the wonders of browser compatibility. This requires in-depth understanding of how browser rendering engines behave to be able to implement a design for the web that renders
correctly and get all those pesky pixels to line up perfectly. They will also need to be able to build a Git team from the ground up and work in a role that helps manage version control on a daily basis.
3-5 years working in web related field
Experience managing Git with small team
Experience with Netsuite (Optional)
- Starting Salary: $40K - $60K
- Year 1-3: $45K - $65K
- Year 3-5: $55K - $85K
- Benefits - Full individual health and dental benefits/Must pay a % for family coverage
- PTO - During first two years of employment, 7 personal days are available the first year. This increases to 10 days year two.
- Monday - Friday, 7:45am - 5:00pm
- Weekly training sessions will extend to 5:30pm 1-2 times per week.
FireSeeds, LLC | Recruiting Company | fireseeds.com