The Global Outreach Pastor is responsible for the design, implementation, management and assessment of SBC Global Outreach and for influencing people toward being transformed by:
- Sharing the Truth of God’s Word
- Providing compassionate care to the poor and lost
- Partnering with like-minded agencies, churches, missionaries
- Training and mobilizing people to serve
- Fulfill the responsibilities set forth in the Purpose above
- Conduct on-site visits with global missionaries and projects *.
*Annual international travel by the Global Outreach Pastor has historically been approximately twenty (20) weeks per year. It is expected that the Global Outreach Pastor shall design his international travel for the following purposes:
- Pioneer trips to explore potential ministry opportunities and partnerships that would potentially contribute to the achievement of SBC international Global Outreach goals and objectives (Estimated 4 weeks)
- Visit missionaries in field locations in order to encourage, nurture and assess. These trips shall include evaluating the current ministries, assessing the missionaries’ spiritual and emotional condition, and to observe firsthand the family dynamics. The information gathered during these on-site visits will enable SBC to be more responsible and prepared to partner with our missionaries and provide appropriate resources to them. (Estimated 10 weeks)
- Lead teams on international trips to engage SBC members with foreign ministries as means of developing future Global Outreach leadership. (Estimated 4 weeks)
- Teaching/training at international conferences, Bible Schools and seminaries. (Estimated 2 weeks)
- Prepare summary reports of observations, findings and recommendations of all on-site visits.
- Prepare and present special status reports to various SBC staff, SBC membership groups, Board of Elders and/or its councils, Missions Resource Team and other appropriate organizations and/or groups.
- Assist the Elder Board and the Missions Resource Team in the development, disseminations, interpretation and administration of approved Global Outreach policies and guidelines.
- Conduct staff performance appraisals and, as needed, assist in recruiting and hiring staff.
- Help develop long- and short-term plans to achieve SBC’s vision related to Global Outreach.
- With the help of the Missions Resource Team, propose an annual budget for SBC Global Outreach, including staff, missionary support and assistance, and all Global Outreach projects and events
- With the help of staff and the Missions Resource Team, establish and maintain a system to monitor expenditures against the budget and make adjustments as needed.
- Perform other administrative and ceremonial duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor.
The Pastor of Global Outreach should possess:
- A heart for the lost
- A vision and experience to disciple and train people.
- An engaging and approachable personality
- The ability to work effectively with the Pastoral Team
- Personal maturity and godliness as outlined in the “Fruit of the Spirit” and the qualifications for an SBC elder in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
- Theology compatible with SBC’s “Statement of Faith.”
- A thorough knowledge, understanding and desire to understand the problems and issues that missionaries face in commitment to devising strategies that help to mitigate and resolve these challenges.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning plus some formal Bible training.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of successful experience in high level administrative positions requiring the management and supervision of both paid and non-paid volunteer personnel.
- Five (5) to seven years (7) years in successful management of moderate (i.e. $100k-$249k) to large i.e. 250k- $1M and above) complex annual budgets.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
Scottsdale Bible Church
Scottsdale Bible Church (SBC) is a Christ-centered, non denominational, multi-site Church of 7000 in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area. According to Outreach magazine, it is one of the 100 largest churches in the country. They have three campuses, with five different worship venues and ten services each weekend. SBC is intentional about reaching out to families who do not yet attend church as well as to believers growing in their spiritual maturity. SBC is deliberate about serving and embracing everyone in a biblically-based manner, recogni More...